Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 35.3 % ❤ 5.3 % :thumbsup: 16.2 % 😯 1.6 % :grinning: 25.5 % 🧥 2.1 % 🙏 2.7 % 😟 6.4 % :cry: 3.2 % :shit: 1.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
The Red Arrow wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:44 am
So ironically Brexit is going to cause a shortage of Gammon.
The Red Arrow, Oblomov liked this
Boiler wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:09 pm
Most of the BBC SYB on this (yes, they're really having one :roll:) is "how hard is it to wrap bacon around a sausage?"
'How hard is it to imagine the scale of production required to sate the appetite of the UK at Christmas?'
The Red Arrow wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:20 pm
Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

"BBC News - Christmas" trending on twitter clicky
Is the story inferring that people who can’t work out how to wrap bacon around a sausage might be the same people who voted for the labour shortage?
Ricky Gervais noted a country whose population need ‘do not drink’ printed on a bottle of bleach shouldn’t be asked to decide on EU membership. Or take that off the bottle and have a referendum in two years time.
It is difficult to overstate how delightful today has been.

I pottered around this morning and then rode down to the 'shop on my scooter, stopping for a coffee and a roll at that bit that is right at the end of where The Wall used to be.

This is unusual for me. I normally follow every twist and turn of the unfurling clusterfuck. But, today felt somehow different. I simply let go of that which I cannot influence, ripped off my helmet and rode towards the failing light of a Berlin winter.

All is well, especially with those who don't wish to tinker with the margins.
cycloon wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:47 pm
Boiler wrote:
Most of the BBC SYB on this (yes, they're really having one :roll:) is "how hard is it to wrap bacon around a sausage?"
'How hard is it to imagine the scale of production required to sate the appetite of the UK at Christmas?'
They'll probably insist recent school leavers do it as a form of national service.
Oblomov wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:56 am
cycloon wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:47 pm
Boiler wrote:
They'll probably insist recent school leavers do it as a form of national service.
They seem to be an all-year round thing at my local butchers - although the ones you see in shops tend to be cocktail sausages, not chipolatas which are bigger. Those can be had as a tasty snack from the hot cabinet along with varieties of sausage roll.

Christmas brings you pork and stilton pigs in blankets for your trimmings.
Let's assume Boris gets a majority. What's to stop these cunts easing through a no-deal Brexit now that all the Tory dissenters have been fucked off from the Party? They'll be able to do what they want and win every vote in the House.
oboogie liked this
AOB wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:45 pm
Let's assume Boris gets a majority. What's to stop these cunts easing through a no-deal Brexit now that all the Tory dissenters have been fucked off from the Party? They'll be able to do what they want and win every vote in the House.
IIRC isn't that how Mussolini steamrolled through the Italian parliament? All the moderates refused to show up in protest and the fascists faced no opposition whatsoever?
AOB liked this
The Sun

I'm surprised that, due to the "fact" we[…]

Roll Call

Morning All Loughborough calling the far away tow[…]

Boris Johnson

Out of ICU. Now what? The newsreader on the ra[…]

The Trump Presidency

Trump, in one of his infinite array of saying utte[…]