Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 35.3 % ❤ 5.3 % :thumbsup: 16.2 % 😯 1.6 % :grinning: 25.5 % 🧥 2.1 % 🙏 2.7 % 😟 6.4 % :cry: 3.2 % :shit: 1.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
No Deal is exactly what they want. It keeps their backers happy as they make a killing on the markets and it keeps the foam-flecked Brexiters happy.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
Boiler wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:31 pm
No Deal is exactly what they want. It keeps their backers happy as they make a killing on the markets and it keeps the foam-flecked Brexiters happy.
I don't reckon they can get away with No Deal, even early in a Parliament. It would be another Black Wednesday. They won't get to blame it on the EU any more than the Major Government could blame it on the Bundesbank.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:45 pm
I don't reckon they can get away with No Deal, even early in a Parliament. It would be another Black Wednesday. They won't get to blame it on the EU any more than the Major Government could blame it on the Bundesbank.
An event I seem to recall made a certain Mr. Soros a lot of money.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Boiler wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:31 pm
Rational calculation is a useless pursuit with the Cult of Brexit. And its devotees will blame the EU for whatever disaster awaits. To expect otherwise is like waiting for Corbynistas to blame the captain for Labour’s electoral disaster. It ain’t going to happen.
oboogie liked this
Can Johnson win another majority with the cult of Brexit though? There are still people who are expecting to be better off from Brexit. Rishi Sunak will doubtless stick the fall out on the national debt ("investment") but it's still going to be pretty hard to avoid.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:20 pm
Jam tomorrow.
I think the Major comparison is apposite again. He got away with it in 1992, but not afterwards, despite putting huge effort into "staying the course" and "green shoots". When things got better, he didn't get any credit for it.

Maybe Johnson can protect his base better than Major did, but I still think the government should be up against it in that situation.
The Red Arrow wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:51 am
Your daily update on how done Brexit has got...
We've gone from not sharing any of our precious negotiation details for close to four years, to now negotiating via Twitter?

Well, fuck me.
They've just gone full Trump. Never go full Trump.
The Red Arrow liked this
Boiler wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:25 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
An event I seem to recall made a certain Mr. Soros a lot of money.
That's (((Mister Soros))) to you.
Swellin Braverman has been charged with coming up with a cunning plan to renege on the WA. Is it possible Johnson is a Remainer King Canute teaching a country thats thinks it can control tides a lesson it’ll never forget? That would at least make sense.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
The Sun

It's one of life's great ironies that the more pri[…]

Boris Johnson

Don't you think it's possible to educate people?[…]

Momentum

Well worth a read: https://medium.com/@d4nf0x/sta[…]

Roll Call

Lyrics from a popular Mancunian four-piece beat co[…]