Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 35.2 % ❤ 5 % :thumbsup: 16.7 % 😯 1.7 % :grinning: 24.9 % 🧥 2 % 🙏 3 % 😟 6 % :cry: 3.7 % :shit: 1.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Interesting post. If the union breaks up, and Scotland go it's own way, maybe Wales might follow. Anyone think there could be some mileage in England itself fracturing, I personally wouldn't be opposed to the North joining an independent Scotland and leaving the Farage inspired gammon to it.

I really can't see it happening though, but I can see Scotland going alone, and good luck to them
The Red Arrow wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:39 pm
I'm wondering if they're geared up for the great migration north.
We're working on a questionnaire to weed out the gullible twats.
It is by such people that great nations fall.
mr angry manchester wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:47 pm
Interesting post. If the union breaks up, and Scotland go it's own way, maybe Wales might follow. Anyone think there could be some mileage in England itself fracturing, I personally wouldn't be opposed to the North joining an independent Scotland and leaving the Farage inspired gammon to it.

I really can't see it happening though, but I can see Scotland going alone, and good luck to them
What we miss is that Westminster won't grant another referendum.
59% 68% 98% means little when no vote is available.
Boiler, Arrowhead liked this
At the time of IndyRef I wanted a No vote, predominantly because I was worried about the implications of a permanent Tory majority in England. Now it seems as though we've got what we deserve and good luck to IndyRef 2.

I agree that the Unionist part of the Tory party exists in name only; the little Englanders who wrap themselves in the flag look down on the Jocks, Taffs and Micks, regarding them as an annoying and expensive irrelevance who should be grateful to be allowed to call themselves British. They'd be happy to cut the rest of the nation off to carry on living in their own fantasy world.
I agree that the Unionist part of the Tory party exists in name only; the little Englanders who wrap themselves in the flag look down on the Jocks, Taffs and Micks, regarding them as an annoying and expensive irrelevance who should be grateful to be allowed to call themselves British.

They’re very wedded to their precious Union Jack. It will take some time to explain to Brexiters if Scotland secedes why their flag is now an historical artifact.
There was a civil war in the Tories under and after Thatcher. Thatcher's followers won. It wasn't much reported by their friends in the press... Johnson is the culmination, with his band of political dwarfs.
youngian wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:39 pm
I agree that the Unionist part of the Tory party exists in name only; the little Englanders who wrap themselves in the flag look down on the Jocks, Taffs and Micks, regarding them as an annoying and expensive irrelevance who should be grateful to be allowed to call themselves British.

They’re very wedded to their precious Union Jack. It will take some time to explain to Brexiters if Scotland secedes why their flag is now an historical artifact.
They'll love the St George's cross even more. `
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:16 am

Their little heads will asplode.
It's already looking a lot more Fash.

But let me suggest a couple of amendments.
1. Wales never got a fair crack at the old flag, how about taking the lower green background from theirs.
2. Better still - add Dragon - everything's better with Dragons.
Boiler, Cyclist liked this
Alternative:
Since the other crosses are saints livery, couold merge in the flag of Saint David.

Drawback:
It's use in place of Y Draig Goch (The red dragon flag) has "associations" * that don't sit well with the union flag concept.

* Welsh Nationalism, and/or hardline Christianity.
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:40 am

It's already looking a lot more Fash.

But let me suggest a couple of amendments.
1. Wales never got a fair crack at the old flag, how about taking the lower green background from theirs.
2. Better still - add Dragon - everything's better with Dragons.
Everything's better with lightning runes for certain people...

Why not make the whole background red, with a white circle in the middle, and inside the circle, in black, a kind of cross, with bits added on each end of it?
Twat of the Day

Apple woman was a bit too obvious, so here's toda[…]

Poppy Day bingo

Complete with wrong colours on the Spit. :roll: […]

Nicola Sturgeon sounding like Michael Gove on Brex[…]

On the Radio

R4’s Across the Red line asks whether impart[…]