Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 35.9 % ❤ 5.2 % :thumbsup: 17 % 😯 1.8 % :grinning: 24.3 % 🧥 1.8 % 🙏 2.7 % 😟 5.5 % :cry: 4.1 % :shit: 1.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Boiler wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:33 pm
It gets better:
Boris should have just taken back what is 'rightfully' our property, by force at least a year ago and not even bothered to wait for negotiations, rather like Putin decided to take back Crimea.
That had to be one-handed typing - betcha' dreaming about "our boys" doing the dirty work while keeping his hands clean.
Lance Forman and June Mummery at loggerheads. If I have to pick a side here, I'll go with Mummery because she went for Brexit for a tangible reason, sea fishing. Now she hasn't got what she wants, she's happy to call it out. She might have been naive in this, or how far her voice would count, but I can respect that.

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:07 pm
Lance Forman and June Mummery at loggerheads. If I have to pick a side here, I'll go with Mummery because she went for Brexit for a tangible reason, sea fishing. Now she hasn't got what she wants, she's happy to call it out. She might have been naive in this, or how far her voice would count, but I can respect that.

Anyone who is as much a Farage fangirl as her must by definition be Bought the Eiffel Tower-level naive.
A view on that by a poster from elsewhere:
I remember Rees-Mogg snr. writing about this in his columns at the time, and thinking he was smoking something, for precisely the reasons you give. I also believed then, as I do now, that public opinion will not allow such power and influence to remain untrammelled.

As for Campbell, if I as a lowly student was aware of these ideas in circulation, I’m very underwhelmed about his understanding of the world around him at the time if he hadn’t picked up on them. His lack of awareness then underwhelms me rather less than his over reaction now.
https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rexit-deal
Scotland’s fishing fleets face cuts to valuable fisheries such as cod and haddock under the Brexit deal negotiated by the UK, the Scottish government believes.
Wee Nippy puts herself in the firing line for the Tory guns.
Boiler wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:17 pm
https://amp.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... rexit-deal
Scotland’s fishing fleets face cuts to valuable fisheries such as cod and haddock under the Brexit deal negotiated by the UK, the Scottish government believes.
Wee Nippy puts herself in the firing line for the Tory guns.
First off, Wee Nippy is somewhat misogynistic. A Nippy Sweetie is the West of Scotland is a woman given to complaining rather than knowing her place and holding her tongue.

Secondly, any demonisation strategy will backfire. She has maintained positive approval ratings right throughout the pandemic which contrast sharply with those of Johnson who, if he opens his mouth, will send her numbers soaring. English toffs struggle to find an audience up in the Caledonian Wastes at the best of times. These are not the best of times.

I have really warmed to her in recent years. A confident, clever, abreast of her brief, and thoroughly decent human being which leaves me wondering how much better off the country would be if those characteristics were in evidence in Downing Street.

If Indyref2 is also a straight 50:50, I think she'll walk it.
youngian, Arrowhead liked this
The Trump Presidency

Some interesting legal thoughts are emerging on th[…]

"Boris" Johnson

How odd that Johnson says it's a matter for Bide[…]

Round the Blogs

And in the comments I haven’t read the jud[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

Anyone else read that as ARSE first time round? […]