Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 35.2 % ❤ 3.1 % :thumbsup: 14.1 % 😯 1.8 % :grinning: 30.8 % 🧥 2.6 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 6.2 % :cry: 3.1 % :shit: 1.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
There's a good case for doing so. It's a shame that the only Labour MP who said she would is the awful Caroline Flint. If the leadership are cynical, they can vote against and let some Labour backbenchers (with concerned employers on the phone to them) take the heat.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:39 pm
This looks like a good thread. Clarifies a few things for me- I'd bit your hand off for "Norway plus customs union" from where we are. If he's right and May's deal doesn't stand in the way of that, then I'd have to think very seriously about voting for it, if Remain was definitely gone.

I've just been berated on another forum for posting that... :roll:
Could John Bercow sabotage May’s Brexit deal by BANNING a second vote? Labour MPs urge Speaker to stop PM trying again if she loses looming Commons showdown
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... wdown.html

May promised a meaningful vote. Not several hoping for a different outcome.
Boiler wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:54 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:39 pm
This looks like a good thread. Clarifies a few things for me- I'd bit your hand off for "Norway plus customs union" from where we are. If he's right and May's deal doesn't stand in the way of that, then I'd have to think very seriously about voting for it, if Remain was definitely gone.

I've just been berated on another forum for posting that... :roll:
Did anyone explain why Jez can get that deal experts seem to think he can't?

Apart from not being the PM, of course.
Talk in the Mail today (yes, I know) is of MP's trying to completely eradicate the possibility of No Deal by stopping it going through without Parliament's express approval and leading to a partial shutdown of government if they try and force it.

I know No Deal is the default position. It's obvious that May doesn't want it, which makes her dangerous games of the last couple of years even more infuriating*. Granted, she does not want another referendum either but she seems to realize that it provides an "out" for her - she can claim that she attempted Brexit wholeheartedly and won't have to carry the can for the No Deal disaster whilst not being worried about her political future as she won't be leading the Tories into another election.

*She could have taken up this position from the start and not attempted her "red line" games with the EU. She was willing to flirt with hard Brexiters, stoke up their fantasies and pretend she was with them despite knowing how much of a disaster No Deal would be, as she is stating now. She stuck her head in the crocodile's mouth and seems surprised now it's tried to bite it off.
Labour MPs doing the tours of the media this morning. Every one of them spouting a different line on Brexit.

Im not sure if its basic incompetence, or Milne is hoping that if you spout loads of policies everyone will latch onto one they like, rather than everyone spottng the ones they dont.

Shambles.
But by the time they ralise that it's likely to be too late. Realistically it already is, there won't be an election.
Dame Caroline said the signatories to her letter included Brexit and Remain supporters - but the letter did not bind them to supporting the PM's withdrawal deal.
nstead, Dame Caroline said, it creates a "platform", which would "stabilise the economy and give reassurance to manufacturing".
Got it! Er, no I don't. It's meaningless.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Liechtenstein? Oh well, I'll still be able to buy […]

Paul Thomas Redux

From memory, you've got Westminster Station immedi[…]

Team Bercow!! It's about time somebody pulled the[…]

Reasonably epic Mail Fail

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/18/15/111424[…]