Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 32.2 % ❤ 4 % :thumbsup: 17.4 % 😯 1.8 % :grinning: 29.7 % 🧥 2.2 % 🙏 2.9 % 😟 5.4 % :cry: 2.9 % :shit: 1.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
This is madness

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/no ... 15351.html

I'm seriously thinking of taking revenge against those who are responsible for this insanity.
Did anybody play Convoy as they drove on their little road trip?

Needless to say, the BBC HYS on the announcement of the date for the Meaningless Vote has got the "No Dealers" right at the top of the comments.
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:45 pm
It's an absolute nightmare, and in a rare moment of sympathy for Cameron I don't see what else he could have done because he's screwed either way and he knows it.

I don't think being in would have necessarily been brilliant either, and I don't think for one moment a new EU treaty 100% fixes anything (the US is basically the closest model, and that's hardly financially rock solid just now). But I can also see the worst case scenario coming to pass: a referendum, a hijacking of the vote by the vested interests of the few at the expense of many, and the UK becoming increasingly isolated and with a further weakened economy.

Plus of course as soon as we left the EU, the next demand would be made - foreigners out. Then the witch hunts start.
Second post on the thread. Chapeau.
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:22 pm
I'm seriously thinking of taking revenge against those who are responsible for this insanity.
Not good.

Serious advice - if those are the sort of thoughts which are dominating your mind right now, step away from your PC for at least a few days, and avoid any news or current affairs programmes for the same period of time. Immerse yourself in something - anything - which makes you happy so long as it is completely unconnected to Brexit, Trump or the current state of UK politics!
What he said.

I've taken a step back from it since Christmas as I realised it was winding me up so much, I was feeling ill.

Whether I like it or not, what will happen is going to happen. I'm not in a position at the moment where I can do anything to affect the outcome. There is no 2nd ref, therefore, I have no say in the matter.

Am I happy with the situation? No, of course not. But whatever happens, life goes on. The one thing I can do is adapt to whatever the next three months throws up.

By all means read the news if you wish, but try not to get dragged into it all. The one thing I would recommend is do not read any social media comments below any news stories, otherwise your blood pressure will suffer.

I'm not saying for a millisecond that this isn't all a great concern, but you, me, every single one of us have more important things and people in our lives to worry about.
Arrowhead, Catkins, Watchman liked this
Arrowhead wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:08 pm
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:22 pm
Not good.

Serious advice - if those are the sort of thoughts which are dominating your mind right now, step away from your PC for at least a few days, and avoid any news or current affairs programmes for the same period of time. Immerse yourself in something - anything - which makes you happy so long as it is completely unconnected to Brexit, Trump or the current state of UK politics!
Seconded. In my case it's when I get health anxiety triggers (I've had two in three days).

Turn off the TV, the radio and especially the computer. Or, watch some classic Dr. Who. There must be some new releases worth watching, or maybe revisit an old one you've not watched.

Either way, the current situation is not helping you, so get away from it.
Catkins, Arrowhead liked this
There was vote in the Commons in early December, the upshot of which meant that No Deal was no longer an option, it was out of the picture, kaput. Now, it is a clear possibility again. I'm confused, what did I miss or when did the goalposts get moved (again)?
AOB wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:30 pm
There was vote in the Commons in early December, the upshot of which meant that No Deal was no longer an option, it was out of the picture, kaput. Now, it is a clear possibility again. I'm confused, what did I miss or when did the goalposts get moved (again)?
The Brexiteers are trying to slide us towards No Deal by inaction - we crash out by default.

Remain and soft Brexit MP's are attempting to neutralise this possibility with amendments forcing the Government to remove this possibility from the table.

It appears that May has realised what her hubris has led to in dangling it as a negotiation tactic.

Ironically, the fear of it and the closer it comes leads to the likelihood of it being destroyed.
Alright look I'll explain myself, I've been feeling pretty anxious about a no deal because I'm worried will I be able to get a job, will I able to find food? If that sounds selfish then I'm sorry. It makes my blood boil that we are being put through this, just to satisfy the whims of a Prime Minister and opposition leader. I am scared because as soon as things go to shit they'll blame us and we've got to be ready.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
No need to explain yourself, TWA, I get where you're coming from.

I would say that the answer to your two questions are yes and yes. Somehow I don't think for a moment this country will look like a real-life version of Threads come April.

It's a bit much to call it a Freudian slip I agree[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

You know my stance - I'd block you if I co[…]

Boris Johnson

Apologies for repeating what's been said on here b[…]

Labour, Generally.

So, still no decisive movement toward a confirmato[…]