Area for all other political discussion
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Do we have a thread to keep track of this despicable turd yet?

A man truly committed to increasing the divide between the rich and the poor. He was on BBC News today defending the RBS boss's bonus with the argument that at least he doesn't get paid as much as a footballer. He doesn't do a very good job of disguising the fact that he is a spiteful, pompous little shit who holds everyone but the rich in utter contempt. He comes across very badly on TV, and I wonder if he is doing more harm than good to this particular pressure group.
Tom_MKUK wrote:Do we have a thread to keep track of this despicable turd yet?

A man truly committed to increasing the divide between the rich and the poor. He was on BBC News today defending the RBS boss's bonus with the argument that at least he doesn't get paid as much as a footballer. He doesn't do a very good job of disguising the fact that he is a spiteful, pompous little shit who holds everyone but the rich in utter contempt. He comes across very badly on TV, and I wonder if he is doing more harm than good to this particular pressure group.
He was on Question Time about 3 months ago and came across as a complete arse then as well.
satnav wrote:Didn't he used to be a Lib Dem spin doctor? Probably explains why so many Lib Dem MPs feel at home in government with the Tories.
Yes. He was also recently voted 'liberal voice of the year' by Lib Dem Voice readers. He's apparently not a Lib Dem member anymore but that obviously doesn't stop him from being a hateful, market fundamentalist wanker.

http://www.libdemvoice.org/winner-liber ... 26608.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Not the fucking footballers argument again.

They haven't yet caused a world recession to my knowledge.
If the bankers had spent more time spitroasting and less time cooking the books, we'd all be better off.
I thought the benchmark of salaries was the Prime Minister's salary (not including state paid accommodation, state paid house in the country etc). I have often tried to point out on the online site that the editor of the Daily Mail earns ten times as much as the PM (or four times as much if you include the perks) but it never passes the mod's attention.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:Not the fucking footballers argument again.
They haven't yet caused a world recession to my knowledge.
Some clubs are part of the problem though.

Take Leeds Utd, successful team in the early 2000s, started 'risking' high transfer fees for average players (e.g. Dacourt) as well as paying them stupid wages - all thanks to Ridsdale's loans he'd taken out. Then all of a sudden, it all went ka-bust once they failed to qualify for the Champions League.

And don't get me started on the FA, FIFA, and UEFA - i.e. the bodies who are supposed to "regulate" the beautiful game.
The difference is if a large football team goes bust it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. If a major bank does, that's a rather different story...

Also as far as I'm aware we've yet to bail out a football club with public money.
Not directly bailed out but when Leeds went into liquidation they owed HMRC £6,000,000. I'm guessing but I suspect only a tiny percentage of this was recovered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_Unit ... ub_Limited

The footie player argument is still bollocks though.
Anyone see this twunt last night on Newsnight?

Pretending to be concerned about the unemployed, who are apparently kept out of work by the minimum wage, instead of lack of demand. Didn't remotely engage with the point that a living wage would save money on tax credits. Made to look useless by a bloke who'd obviously never been on TV before. Apparently a Geordie bloke on a phone in a few months ago kicked his arse so badly that he did a runner during the news break.
Boris Johnson

^^This. All along the Tories have kept saying &quo[…]

The Sun

If any party still has plans to implement the seco[…]

The LibDems, generally

Is Swinson safe from the SNP in her seat? She ou[…]

I saw that Goodwin has gone after Cameron, which m[…]