•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Just seen Assange's lawyer, Per Samuelson, on Sky.

He reckons that the UK should ignore any extradition requests because Assange 'is under enough pressure already'.

Definition of a Mummy's boy. Down the rabbit hole.

https://news.sky.com/story/sweden-reopens-investigation-into-julian-assange-rape-allegation-11719039

He also said
"Assange was always willing to answer any questions from the Swedish authorities and repeatedly offered to do so, over six years. The widespread media assertion that Assange 'evaded' Swedish questioning is false.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
"Assange was always willing to answer any questions from the Swedish authorities and repeatedly offered to do so, over six years. The widespread media assertion that Assange 'evaded' Swedish questioning is false.
True in a sense IIRC. He wanted the Swedish authorities to come to the UK to question him.
By visage
Membership Days Posts
So his extradition trial is now happening, and the absolute loons seem to be all over it.

I dont get it. When I see Assange I see a guy who, amongst other things, used Russian sourced hacked emails to influence the US election on behalf of the republican party. The sort of meddling in elections that, had the CIA done it, but be considered utterly unacceptable.

Which is a strange guy to have as your hero. What am I missing?
oboogie liked this
By visage
Membership Days Posts
Is it simply that he acted against people that the Very Online Left dont like, and so his actions are, by default, acceptable?

Does it all boil down to Hilary Clinton v Bernie Sanders being the US equivalent of Starmer v Corbyn? We should sabotage them because they're not ideologically pure enough, no matter what the consequences?
oboogie liked this
US election 2020

It'll probably take 6 months to sort it out. He'll[…]

Boris Johnson

Non essential shops, pubs and restaurants all clos[…]

Labour, Generally.

I don't know what his regular pay was. But whateve[…]

Winterval Bingo

Finally, their beloved traditional Christmas is un[…]