Area for all other political discussion
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Au contraire. It's a pile of apologist toss.

Contains shite like:
Greenie wrote:In addition to his other credentials, Green – like virtually the entire British press – is a long-time and deeply devoted Assange-basher, and his purported myth-busting was predictably regurgitated by those who reflexively grasp onto anything that reflects poorly on western establishmentarians' public enemy No1
If that means anything at all, which I have my doubts about, it is "I don't like him". "I'm a victim lover". "Assange can do no wrong".

It's an over-long over-written concoction of innuendo and non-sequiters which never, at any point, addresses either the issue of the seriousness of the charges against Assange or the rights of his accusers to their day in court.

Like so much of the Assange fanboy arse-gravy we have seen recently it makes impossible demands and then cites the inability to meet those demands as being the reason this alleged rapist is presently a fugitive from justice in the London office of one of the world's most illiberal regimes.

Please explain to me what Assange's cowardly running-away performance does to help his 'global whistleblowing movement'. How does it serve the justice he is so keen on seeing done - to other people?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
If you think that the rape charges are somehow unimportant or trivial - as Greenwald seems to - have a read of this.

http://www.penny-red.com/post/299891305 ... rning-week" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Then have a think about which side you are choosing.

You might also like to have a look at this piece, in which the author, like David Allen Green writes with some knowledge of the law.

http://klamberg.blogspot.se/2012/08/ext ... weden.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Murray is still being an utter cunt. The hilarious irony he's spotted now is that people who say he shouldn't have named the alleged victim have made more people look for the name!
Actually [Louise Mensch] seems to have led lots more people to go online and do what she says I shouldn’t have told them to! Hee hee.
hee hee, indeed.
By Big Rob
Abernathy wrote:Well, that's another meaningless post from you, then, I'm afraid.
Oh for fucks sake....

For your information I was being sincere. I started trying to re-explain myself and then realized I was effectively saying the same thing.

Rather than ending up in a pissing match would you like to explain why you think what I said is a non sequitur so we can clear this up?

Or does it really fucking matter?
By yumicho
Membership Days
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:If you think that the rape charges are somehow unimportant or trivial - as Greenwald seems to - have a read of this.

http://www.penny-red.com/post/299891305 ... rning-week" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Very excellent article. I came here specifically to post it because I know some of you would find it compelling.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Big Rob wrote:
Abernathy wrote:Well, that's another meaningless post from you, then, I'm afraid.
Oh for fucks sake....

For your information I was being sincere. I started trying to re-explain myself and then realized I was effectively saying the same thing.

Rather than ending up in a pissing match would you like to explain why you think what I said is a non sequitur so we can clear this up?

Or does it really fucking matter?
Okay, let's have a go. You said
I hand this thread as a victory to Mr Armsteen.
And as a loss to the human race.....
You "hand this thread" ? What does that mean? It's not your thread. You couldn't "hand" it anywhere anyway. "as a victory?" What do you mean
by "victory"? Victory over whom? Was there even a battle going on in the first place? Why Armsteen? The thread is "a loss to the human race"? How? Why? In what way?

So many non-sequiturs - so I expressed bewilderment.

You then said
Malcolm has enlightened us by pointing out that Monsieur Assange has created a big ruse to get himself off the hook.

Okay, I think I understand that. Summarising Malcolm's view. Hardly a victory though, and still doesn't explain anything about "handing" him the thread.
The loss to the human race is so many other people have swallowed Assange's bullshit and still view him as a hero fighting the evil forces of government.
This is I think, a summary of the opposing point of view to Malcolm's. What I still don't get is the "loss to the human race" bit. How is it a loss to the human race that there are eejits who think differently? There always have been, haven't there? So, fewer non-sequiturs, but I still didn't really understand what you were getting at.

So I said I still wasn't with you, at which point you expressed an unwillingness to explain yourself further. I said fair enough, then you asked me to try to explain why I was baffled by your posts. So I am doing so.

Hope this helps.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
I'm involved by a very senior lawyer on another board that the David Rayvern Green's analysis on the legal issues is good.

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/david ... xtradition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He points out with law that you can always come up with something that supports your position if you look hard enough, as the Bush Administration did with torture, and this is what the more Assange-ist stuff is doing.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:I'm involved by a very senior lawyer on another board that the David Rayvern Green's analysis on the legal issues is good.
Truly sorry about this, but don't you mean "informed", not "involved"? And it's David Allen Green, not David "Rayvern" Green.

How the devil do you manage these weird typos?
The Brexit Party

Radio host launches Brexit party out of a Norwich […]

The Group of Seven

plus the tingy group don't actually want to sta[…]

Derek Hatton

I didn’t think I’d ever say that! I[…]

Swivel-Eyed Loons

https://twitter.com/cj_dinenage/status/10978103902[…]