Area for all other political discussion
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By smod
Membership Days Posts
An utter indictment of police corruption. A national disgrace. I feel so sorry for the victims and the city of Liverpool who were characterture as thieves and vermin who don't deserve our sympathies. Boris Johnson and Kelvin Mackenzie need to apologise among many others.
By smod
Membership Days Posts
MacKenzie at Leveson:
"I didn't spend too much time pondering the ethics of how a story was gained nor over-worry about whether to publish or not,"

"If we believed the story to be true and we felt Sun readers should know, we published it and we left it to them to decide if we had done the right thing.

"They could decide we were correct and carry on purchasing us – in my time in ever-increasing numbers – or decide we were wrong, in which case they could decline to buy us again."

What a piece of shit.

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:Hillsborough papers: Cameron apology over 'double injustice'

The prime minister has said he is "profoundly sorry" for what he called the double injustice of the Hillsborough disaster.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-me ... e-19543964

I hope McKenzie gets a very large bucket of shit emptied on him.

Apology? Mr Littlejohn will have something to say about that.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:Hillsborough papers: Cameron apology over 'double injustice'

The prime minister has said he is "profoundly sorry" for what he called the double injustice of the Hillsborough disaster.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-me ... e-19543964

I hope McKenzie gets a very large bucket of shit emptied on him.

How about all his media contracts ripped up, and some time in jail.
By smod
Membership Days Posts
The BBC’s north of England correspondent Judith Moritz has been tweeting some details of the Hilsborough Panel Report, revealing collusion between The Sun newspaper and the establishment to smear victims of the disaster:

The sources of the notorious and discredited front page splash were the Sheffield-based news agency “Whites” and a local Tory MP Sir Irvine Patnick
The Police Federation met on 19 April 1989, the day the Sun article was published
The Federation representative apparently confirmed then that “putting our side of the story over to the press and media” had been his priority
Chief Constable Peter Wright had said “the truth could not come from him” but that he had given the Police Federation a“free hand” in briefing the press
Peter Wright said “drunken ticketless individuals” should be blamed

Meanwhile, Cabinet documents have revealed Margaret Thatcher’s concern that the report would be a “devastating criticism” of the police.

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2012/09/h ... r-victims/

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Now we have to pray that Leveson doesn't do anything to threaten the sort of investigative reporting done by The Sun here.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Posts
This may also be a good time to recall cuddly Boris's role in commenting on Hillsborough victims and Liverpool people when he was the editor of The Spectator.
By smod
Membership Days Posts
His 'apology' in full:
Today I offer my profuse apologies to the people of Liverpool for that headline. I too was totally misled. Twenty three ago I was handed a piece of copy from a reputable news agency in Sheffield in which a senior police officer and a senior local MP were making serious allegations against fans in the stadium. I had absolutely no reason to believe that these authority figures would lie and deceive over such a disaster.

As the Prime Minister has made clear these allegations were wholly untrue and were part of a concerted plot by police officers to discredit the supporters thereby shifting the blame for the tragedy from themselves.

It has taken more than two decades, 400,000 documents and a two-year inquiry to discover to my horror that it would have been far more accurate had I written the headline The Lies rather than The Truth. I published in good faith and I am sorry that it was so wrong

If that poll lead is accurate it wouldn’t […]

SPOTY

Sports Personality of the Year An old and tired f[…]

Liz Jones

A calibrated (sic) attack on Jo Cox by a lady who […]

News you won't see on the BBC

Was chatting with an old friend today, and we wang[…]