•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Lord Brett
Membership Days Posts
The comments on this one will bring a smile to your afternoon. One of my college lecturers used to work for Ingham and reported to me that his was just as rancid an old git (I paraphrase slightly) in person than his public personna would suggest.

This is one of my favourite comments from the Echo website:
It puzzles me how vermin like him and Norman Bettison get knighted and the best football manager that has ever lived (Bob Paisley) didnt.
By shyamz
Membership Days Posts
I wonder how the Mail will play this one, on the one hand they must be seen to respect the families and friends of the deceased and to be fully behind the inquiry into the cover up - but on the other hand it's a BBC documentary, Panorama no less.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Agreed. It's a tough call for them; there is no easy target and therefore little opportunity for them to line up the rabble behind them. They also know not to fuck with their scant northern constituency so any splashing will be confined to their southern editions, if at all.

Re online, my guess is that they will take a pop at the cops (in Cleggy's constituency) and relegate it to below-the-fold.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Hillsborough probe finds more police statements changed
Investigators initially found 164 police statements had been altered.

However, the IPCC says it has now "identified an additional 55 officers whose statements appear to have been amended."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-me ... e-23290122" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:South Yorkshire Police offered Hillsborough Disaster Fund cash
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-so ... e-23755568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cunts

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Arnold wrote:South Yorkshire Police offered Hillsborough Disaster Fund cash
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-so ... e-23755568" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cunts
Dear God , do these people have no shame?
By shyamz
Membership Days Posts
There just seems to be no end to the shittyness surrounding the Hillsborough cover up does there? Just when you think you've heard all the awful things that could possibly happen, there's something else.

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
shyamz wrote:There just seems to be no end to the shittyness surrounding the Hillsborough cover up does there? Just when you think you've heard all the awful things that could possibly happen, there's something else.
You though that was bad?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 93702.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By shyamz
Membership Days Posts
I'm reminded of when Eddie Izzard talked about how we mentally process different levels of murder. Up to that which a serial killer is capable of, the law has measures to prosecute and punish those responsible. Over a certain number, we as a society simply cannot get our collective heads around the scale of the repellant actions others are capable of - so much so that even in cases of terrible genocides reported on the news, people wish it would all go away - not because they don't care but because they cannot find a way to understand it.
Hillsborough is almost like that - the sheer enormity of police and press monstrousness is almost unfathomable to normal decent people, to the point that you simply don't want the inquiry to find anything else.
Daily Express headline today

I don't get the Express's angle on this. I would h[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

My experience of (older) Cisco stuff is... not g[…]

Labour, Generally.

Johnson brought this in. As part of his lifelong a[…]

Why does releasing equity involve having a cup of […]