Area for all other political discussion
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Apologies if there is already a thread.

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/j ... Z1UuIF4W3x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jon Snow has been calling out Goldsmith and Crosby over their dog-whistles. The use of the word 'radical' to describe Sadiq Khan is purely a reference to Jeremy Corbyn's Labour party, Zac explains unconvincingly.

Negative campaigning has to chime with public perception, Khan has ISIS demon eyes doesn't appear to be going down well.

I thought Goldsmith would be a formidable candidate but so far he's come across as an out-of-his-depth dilettante.
Last edited by youngian on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Ooh Scary Muslims might work in the shires, but I'd imagine it'd go down about as well as the original Demon Eyes campaign in cosmopolitan London. Unless of course you want the ICF* vote sewn up.

*Inter City Firm - notorious football hooligan outfit.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
The ICF are more likely to live in Broxbourne.

Crosby could have gone with Khan the lefty trade union yooman rites lawyer, but that wouldn't go down well with London Tory professionals who have a slightly more sophisticated view of the law than Mail readers.

Once you get out to Bromley borough, Khan the secular lefty who wants Muslamic Shania law might make some sort of sense.
By new puritan
Membership Days Posts
I know the Guardian was the SDP house rag back in the day but this case of Corbyn Derangement Syndrome is starting to look like it might be terminal.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/dave ... emy-corbyn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Presumably by that logic a Khan loss would be a boost to Corbyn? Because somehow I don't think that's how it would be reported if it actually happened. And considering Ken Livingstone was London mayor or GLC leader for 13 of the last 35 years, it's a bit of a stretch to suggest London is impervious to left-wing politics.
By Andy McDandy
It's pretty much the same trap Miliband fell into - lose local elections, you're a failure. Win them and you've not won enough and you're still a failure. Win an outstanding victory and wipe the board clean of all the other opponents, crush them utterly and hear the lamentation of their women? Well, you'll never be able to do it twice so fuck off, failure.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:It's pretty much the same trap Miliband fell into - lose local elections, you're a failure. Win them and you've not won enough and you're still a failure. Win an outstanding victory and wipe the board clean of all the other opponents, crush them utterly and hear the lamentation of their women? Well, you'll never be able to do it twice so fuck off, failure.
Reactions to a hustings debate organised by London's tech industries bought high praise for the Green's charismatic candidate Sian Berry for substance and presentation. Whether you're Dan Hodges or Diane Abbot Khan losing to Berry would be hard to spin in favour or against Corbyn. And let's face it dropping your reliable but slightly dull mate Sadiq on a Friday night to go out with Sian is a tempting proposition for any non-Tory voter.
By mattomac
youngian wrote:
Andy McDandy wrote:It's pretty much the same trap Miliband fell into - lose local elections, you're a failure. Win them and you've not won enough and you're still a failure. Win an outstanding victory and wipe the board clean of all the other opponents, crush them utterly and hear the lamentation of their women? Well, you'll never be able to do it twice so fuck off, failure.
Reactions to a hustings debate organised by London's tech industries bought high praise for the Green's charismatic candidate Sian Berry for substance and presentation. Whether you're Dan Hodges or Diane Abbot Khan losing to Berry would be hard to spin in favour or against Corbyn. And let's face it dropping your reliable but slightly dull mate Sadiq on a Friday night to go out with Sian is a tempting proposition for any non-Tory voter.
You do know people have an alternative preference in the Mayoral elections.

And If i was choosing who to shag I'd go on Tinder instead.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I'm sure you would but a city that elected Johnson as Mayor for 8 years did not do so following forensic research of policy detail. If you possess the charisma and confidence to gain trust in those around you, then you're on your way to being elected. That's what leadership is and Sadiq should watch his arse as far as Sian Berry is concerned even if the Greens are full of wind and piss. The problem for Sadiq with second preference is that left-leaning voters have nothing to lose in voting for Berry as first preference rather than wasting their vote and letting hapless dilettante Goldsmith in.
Jeremy Corbyn.

Man who writes apologetic article for Corbyn sayin[…]

The Sun

Balls were they always saying no deal was...whatev[…]

The Tories, Generally

Margot James reckon a few more could walk too.

The Brexit Party

Nancy Mogg complaining there's not time to think a[…]