Area for all other political discussion
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
What a poor excuse for a candidate (and no I don't mean Zac Goldsmith) then again the way he was standing it looked like he was having a piss.

Utter racist scum which London told to jog off.
Last edited by mattomac on Sat May 07, 2016 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Catkins
Membership Days Posts
Something that's cheered me up tonight as a mature student, is discovering that quite a few fellow 'normal' students who are Tories (and it's bloody scary how many 18 year olds are Conservative!) went and voted for Sadiq. Because while they might be trad Tories (middle class, private school etc), they have BME friends, Muslim friends etc and they are totally disgusted by the Goldsmith campaign. Well, the white ones are disgusted, and the Asian/Hindu ones are pissing themselves laughing at the Bollywood/gold jewellery stereotypes.

They'll probably never cast another Labour vote as long as they live, but they did today. :D

Edit: and a hideous former boss is tweeting like mad that this is a disgraceful victory for Islam, which will now inspire Mussies to commit atrocities in order to gain concessions. Thus proving he was the cunt I always suspected he was.
By mattomac
Catkins wrote:Something that's cheered me up tonight as a mature student, is discovering that quite a few fellow 'normal' students who are Tories (and it's bloody scary how many 18 year olds are Conservative!) went and voted for Sadiq. Because while they might be trad Tories (middle class, private school etc), they have BME friends, Muslim friends etc and they are totally disgusted by the Goldsmith campaign. Well, the white ones are disgusted, and the Asian/Hindu ones are pissing themselves laughing at the Bollywood/gold jewellery stereotypes.

They'll probably never cast another Labour vote as long as they live, but they did today. :D

Edit: and a hideous former boss is tweeting like mad that this is a disgraceful victory for Islam, which will now inspire Mussies to commit atrocities in order to gain concessions. Thus proving he was the cunt I always suspected he was.
Have to say I noticed that too, I have a Facebook for work and for personal, most of my personal are Labour or family so that's usually unsurprising but my work one has a lot of students on and I cannot remember a single Zac one. Granted my Workplace is a university with a large BME population from poor backgrounds but it's a far cry from places I have worked in the past.
By Catkins
Membership Days Posts
Have to say I noticed that too, I have a Facebook for work and for personal, most of my personal are Labour or family so that's usually unsurprising but my work one has a lot of students on and I cannot remember a single Zac one. Granted my Workplace is a university with a large BME population from poor backgrounds but it's a far cry from places I have worked in the past.
Yep. What's cheering is that however fiscally conservative they are, they are socially egalitarian, whatever their religious or political beliefs. It's marvellous.

I grew up in a very left-wing white working class area and there was a lot of racism, homophobia and sexism. I'm now surrounded by gay-friendly Tories, Christians who aren't into smiting, niace middle class girls in mixed race relationships etc. My kid goes to nursery where the dominant ethnic group is mixed race, and some staff wear headscarfs (including the one who dresses up as Father Christmas), and it's one of the most gay-friendly boroughs in London.

The Goldsmith campaign has gone down like a cup of cold sick.

Tonight I am truly proud to be an adopted Londoner.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Meanwhile at Briebart, the twatometer goes off the scale...

Dr. Johnson Was Wrong: For The First Time In 30 Years, I Desperately Want To Leave London

by Raheem Kassam 6 May 2016

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05 ... ng-london/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They're out in force in the vomments*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*I like that typo - I think I'll keep it.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Catkins wrote: Yep. What's cheering is that however fiscally conservative they are, they are socially egalitarian, whatever their religious or political beliefs. It's marvellous.
When Zac announced his candidacy I like many thought he was the kind of Tory who would get that.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Can't help noticing several of these proud right wing patriotic souls in those comments laying culpability for the Islamoarmageddon which is clearly going to befall London at the feet of.....the Queen?!

By bluebellnutter
Who's the guy on the right*? Has he wandered into the shot by accident? Or did he win a competition?

* No, not the Britain First guy, he's on the far right
The Northern Irish thread

Ooof. That's pretty big.

Meanwhile in America

About bloody time this law was challenged properly[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

I grew up pretty close to Moygashel myself. As a l[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm sure the less well of Brexiters of Great Yarmo[…]