Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 42.4 % ❤ 3.8 % :thumbsup: 7.1 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 35.7 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 2.1 % :cry: 2.3 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:42 pm
It would take more than a union jack lanyard to instill a sense of patriotic pride in this festering shithole of xenophobic isolationist fuckwittery in me.
From Jingowank to Jingochokewank with one patriotic accessory.

By Boiler
Cyclist wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:42 pm
It would take more than a union jack lanyard to instill a sense of patriotic pride in this festering shithole of xenophobic isolationist fuckwittery in me.
"If you hate this country so much, go and live somewhere else."

A comment I am beginning to see more frequently.

By Boiler
Cyclist wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:35 pm
I'm starting to wish I had a current passport (claret, with EU stuff all over it, natch) and enough rhino in the bank to be able to do just that.
I certainly intend to be very proud of my EU-branded passport until such time as it runs out. A bit of me, in a "cut off nose to spite one's face" gesture, does not want to replace it with that poxy 'blue' passport.
Oblomov liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
The descent to an unstable joke nation continues
Tory government tells EU that royal navy will be sent in to protect UK waters from European fishing vessels.

The environment secretary has warned the EU that the UK has taken “sufficient” steps to protect its waters after Brexit, as fears grow of a French blockade.

The royal navy boasts three extra vessels, the Home Office will provide a further four and the government can call in help from the private sector, George Eustice said.

A new control centre has been launched, 50 extra fishery protection officers have been recruited and there will be “aerial surveillance”, a House of Lords inquiry was told.

Mr Eustice also sought to dismiss fears that the entire trade deal could be lost over the fishing dispute, suggesting EU countries without fishing fleets in the North Sea would not allow it. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 74496.html

By Oblomov
spoonman wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:23 pm
Coming next: the UK's senior trade negotiation team will be travelling in a convoy of Spitfires.
Accompanied by some bulldogs in Union Jack waistcoats as comfort animals?

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Threadtastic! Looks like we can add Boudica to the ever-expanding list of things brexshitters know nothing about.
She did succeed in destroying London, though. And Colchester.
It’s a pointless comparison, but if you wanted to use it the lesson learned would be that it doesn’t pay to take on a European super power.
Tubby Isaacs, oboogie, Catkins and 1 others liked this

By Oblomov
It's sort of embarrassing how far The Torygraph fallen as a "paper of record", even by their own shoddy standards at the turn of the decade.

By Boiler
youngian wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:30 pm
My passport expires this year and I don’t know if I can be arsed to replace it. I don’t fly without
an essential reason anymore and you might as well have ‘Twat’ tattooed on the forehead being English on the Continent.
'sfunny but my only holiday is my usual annual trip to Paris to accompany a friend who is an avowed Francophile (he even has a decoder for Fransat/TNTSat at home). We stay in the same family-owned hotel each year and it has become almost a home from home to us - to the extent we got a lot of leg-pulling last year over Brexit and "Monsieur Johnson". I expect it to be worse this year :lol:

Thing is... because we don't behave like twats we get on just fine and the locals, in whose country we are a guest, are just fine with us and very welcoming. This year we have a real treat on the itinerary, one which I'm looking forward to greatly; already correspondence with the destination concerned has indicated we'll be made very welcome.
Oblomov, Malcolm Armsteen, Catkins and 1 others liked this
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

"The terms you've offered on this trade deal […]

Roll Call

My new iMac has arrived. Fun beckons...

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

You'll need some meat hooks as well, then. I know […]

Boris Johnson

I'm willing to believe Johnson has been listening […]