Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 41.8 % ❤ 3.7 % :thumbsup: 7.6 % 😯 3.9 % :grinning: 36.2 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 1 % 😟 1.9 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Brexit smooth with the rough is apprenticeships for lorry park security guards
English villages wake up to find they’re Brexit’s new border: ‘It’s taking back control'

In the corner of Britain known as the Garden of England, Brexit is literally taking concrete form.

Paul Bartlett, a Conservative member of Kent County Council who lives right beside the huge construction site, acknowledges the customs facility on his doorstep came as a surprise. But as a staunch supporter of Brexit, he is determined to see the positive side of the new customs site.

“We need jobs," he said, after the coronavirus pandemic plunged the U.K. into recession. "I hope we’ll have 300 jobs and there’s a good system of apprenticeships that young people can sign up to and develop a career for themselves.

“It’s a beautiful part of the country to live in, and sometimes you’ve got to take the rough with the smooth.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/b ... 85408.html

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:07 pm
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:50 pm
I thought they were all NIMBYs down there?
Not where the B word is concerned.
There exists a subset of leavers who would cheerfully live in piled heaps of rat faeces so long as they were British piled heaps of rat faeces and they wouldn't see a brown face out the window of one.
oboogie liked this

By The Red Arrow
By 'Having a go' he means daring to criticise in any way, shape or form, 'cos that would be undemocratic. Right?

Nice to see pirates in dead cinema corner, even if the PotC franchise set the genre back further than Cutthroat Island (Keef's cameo notwithstanding, of course).
oboogie liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:17 am
This lorry park disappears with something like May's deal, I presume.

Stranger things have happened at sea...
That depends if Johnson decides that fish isn’t a hill worth dying on. His crazy ERG backbenchers and Farage believe it is. Placating them in 2016 is what this catastrofuck is all about.
oboogie liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
It goes back further than that. Their desperate fear of losing power meant that they never lanced the boil (speaking of which, where is Marc François?) and cleared their Augean stables of the rising tide of Xenophobic rat turds engendered by Saint Maggie and her swivel-eyed loons.

I'm so angry I've come over all mixed metaphor. I think I'll have a Scotch egg.

By Tubby Isaacs
Johnson has 48 seats more than May, plus Labour aren't going to vote against en masse. He can get any deal he wants through. Anything without freedom of movement is good enough for most Leave voters. Most of them don't care about fishing all that much. Or state aid. Or borders in the Irish Sea.
Shaun Bailey

It's like watching a shit version of Carcetti's […]

US election 2020

I'm delighted that Biden has "gone there"[…]

Was it followed by pictograms of a mushroom cloud […]

The Tories, Generally

The Tory spin and control of the media is so effe[…]