Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 41.7 % ❤ 3.7 % :thumbsup: 7.5 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 36 % 🧥 1.5 % 🙏 1 % 😟 2 % :cry: 2.3 % :shit: 0.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:22 pm
davidjay wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:09 pm
Maybe we could run a sweep on when he makes his maiden speech.
He's already done it.

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Lords/202 ... 38/details

I think he'll generally keep to subjects he knows.
Tiny "Cox" Moynihan's not lost any of his talent for arse kissing.

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Harsh, and wrong.

People who voted to leave were told that it would be a simple matter and that nothing major would change. All upsides etc.

That leave vote was translated into a mandate for the hardest possible option, egged on by media and political figures full of hubris and affected by the poisonous creed that sees any form of compromise, compassion or consideration as weakness. Any signs of deviation were seen as proof that the person was a secret remoaner traitor, even though their cross on the referendum ballot was indistinguishable from any other leave vote.

Anyone questioning any aspect of the process was ignored. The narrative was rewritten over and over to suggest that whatever the latest clusterfuck was, it was all part of the plan. Because admission of defeat, error, or failure is the greatest sin. Because you have to be seen to be *winning* at all times.

Everything gambled away for a suitcase of memories. A fishing industry for a picture of a fishing boat. Because nothing is worth the pride of a few.
Boiler, Bones McCoy, Oblomov and 1 others liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:55 am
I recall fishermen who relied on JIT supply chains warn about the consequences of Brexit. Mainly small shell fish operators with direct contact with their distributors from Spain and France.
There were some who wanted special status for Grimsby too. Easily ridiculed, but at least they could see the problems coming.

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Max Spielmann notice outside its shop in the big Tesco I've just been to: "Get your passport photos Brexit ready!"

What's that supposed to mean? Is it to mislead people into thinking they need a different type of passport photo? There's nothing about Brexit that I can find on their website. It was the borderline gleefulness of the sign particularly that made me lose my train of thought and I walked about 5 aisles further than I needed to go.

There are some people that when you first see them[…]

US election 2020

Biden close to 7 million lead now. Think most of t[…]

Roll Call

A little something from over here in the East whic[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Commentariat are spinning this as proof of intern[…]