Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 42.3 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 7.9 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 35.5 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 0.9 % 😟 1.9 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Commentariat are spinning this as proof of international cooperation being the way forward, and "in Europe doesn't mean being in the EU". The mental gymnastics would put Nadia Comaneci (Katelyn Ohashi for our younger members) to shame.

By Tubby Isaacs
Is David Davis out of shot, or was he not there? I don't recall him being very prominent in the campaign. I thought it was surprising at the time. I don't now.

Talking of Davis, here he is in full flow at the dispatch box. Nearly 4 years ago, but seems like about 20, given that nobody would make these claims now.
My right hon. Friend the Member for Broxtowe (Anna Soubry) talks about things that were not on the ballot paper. What was on the ballot paper was leaving the European Union. I am afraid that it is very difficult to see how we can leave the European Union and still stay inside the single market, with all the commitments that go with that. What we have come up with—I hope to persuade her that this is a very worthwhile aim—is the idea of a comprehensive free trade agreement and a comprehensive customs agreement that will deliver the exact same benefits as we have, but also enable my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State for International Trade to go and form trade deals with the rest of the world, which is the real upside of leaving the European Union.

By Andy McDandy
And there's me remembering him turning up for negotiations without even a notebook, rumours of him getting plastered, his "dog ate my homework" excuses for not producing impact reports...

By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:26 pm
And there's me remembering him turning up for negotiations without even a notebook, rumours of him getting plastered, his "dog ate my homework" excuses for not producing impact reports...
...whilst the Brexiters said it was Barnier who was the drunk.

By Andy McDandy
I'm not sure. I remember hearing a radio interview where a Tory MP, asked about Britain's glorious high-tech future, said "that Dyson chap", as if he was recalling the name of the new kid on the school chess team.

I honestly think that we're run by a bunch of posh boy cokeheads full of their own self-importance and used to getting their way.
spoonman liked this
Roll Call

Hi folks Thanks for all your kind and thoughtful […]

With the EU considering banning vaccine exports, i[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Another of the new Northern Tories (though his sea[…]

More levelling up. They got forced into the Pupil […]