Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 42.1 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 7.9 % 😯 3.9 % :grinning: 35.5 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 0.9 % 😟 1.9 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:10 pm
So, Ian, what is the biggest impact on Dudley?

Dudley has spent the last 40 years blaming everything on something else. It used to be the collapse of the local mining industry (along with a few streets). The it was Merry Hill, until folks pointed out that Dudley town centre was dying long before that.

It's a dump. No reason why it should be, save for the pigshit ignorance of everyone who lives there.
Dudley could be a really nice town. There's some serious heritage there (castle, priory, SSSI, glass industry, Black Country Museum) but everyone just seems so downtrodden and as you say, willing to blame someone else. Birmingham takes the money, Merry Hill's taken the trade, They've come over here and taken our benefits/jobs/women. Nobody ever seems to want to get off their arse and do something about it.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Dudley Zoo.
01.jpeg
01.jpeg (4.81 MiB) Viewed 645 times
I used to have a nice picture of a sign saying 'Only People of Low Intellect Tease Chimpanzees' - which I find is a valuable hint for leading a good life - but I can't find it.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:23 pm
Look who shows up with straight-talking common sense.

Assuming nobody in Dudley has an au pair, what about working as one? Work experience in a growing industry (childcare), learn languages, no cost to the tax payer? I thought we wanted to encourage more of this practical stuff in young people.

Interrailing has become elite too, by the look of it. And wasn't it his job to promote Erasmus in Dudley? Not that I expect he spends any time in Dudley now.
Interrailing used to be a bargain and cheaper than a fortnight in Skegness. When Tristram Hunt resigned his seat to take up a museum curator job, John Mann had a similar moan about how pupils in his constituency would never be able to afford to ride on a coach down the A1 to visit London’s free museums. Bassetlaw later chose scourge of the elites Robert Jenrick to be their MP.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
I will fart in the face of your English cheese.
Ann Widdecombe has urged the UK Government to hit back against Brussels after she accused the EU of punishing British fishermen.

Speaking to talkRADIO, the former Brexit Party MEP said: "Do we start hitting back? I think yes.

"By all means, try the diplomatic routes first, let's be grown-ups.

"But the time may well come where we say, if you won't have our shellfish, we won't have your cheese." https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/a ... Z-n7kFsp8s

By Andy McDandy
Back in the 1990s, the Tour de France visited Kent. I remember one guy standing by the roadside with a placard saying "You don't want our cows, and we don't want your tour".

The sad bastard. Or ahead of the curve. I don't know.

By Bones McCoy
youngian wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:56 pm
I will fart in the face of your English cheese.
Ann Widdecombe has urged the UK Government to hit back against Brussels after she accused the EU of punishing British fishermen.

Speaking to talkRADIO, the former Brexit Party MEP said: "Do we start hitting back? I think yes.

"By all means, try the diplomatic routes first, let's be grown-ups.

"But the time may well come where we say, if you won't have our shellfish, we won't have your cheese." https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/a ... Z-n7kFsp8s
The day when Doris Karloff turns into the "drooling old bat who shouts at cheese" move one step closer.

By Tubby Isaacs
youngian wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:48 am

Interrailing used to be a bargain and cheaper than a fortnight in Skegness. When Tristram Hunt resigned his seat to take up a museum curator job, John Mann had a similar moan about how pupils in his constituency would never be able to afford to ride on a coach down the A1 to visit London’s free museums. Bassetlaw later chose scourge of the elites Robert Jenrick to be their MP.
Or even a rail ticket. Book in advance, young person's rail card, avoid the rush hour. Probably not that pricy.

By Kreuzberger
Well, that makes Cabinet meetings a lot easier, as all those gazes point in one direction.
What daft cunt thought that this was a good idea?

By MisterMuncher
The Red Arrow wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:28 pm
Peston just de-smugged Steve 'Hard Man' Baker by asking "On what planet is Brexit done?" :lol:
It's Boris-done. A half assed effort to meet the nominal requirements in the least efficient way possible, someone else can sort it out later. Biff! Hmphh! Ruffle hair, recite Latin fairytale.
oboogie liked this
The Trump Retirement

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/28/us/politics/tru[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

:roll: https://twitter.com/BremainInSpain/stat[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

What annoys me is that I am taxed twice on my paym[…]

The Tories, Generally

Graduates from the University of Life turn their b[…]