Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 42.3 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 7.9 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 35.5 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 0.9 % 😟 1.9 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Doesn't surprise me whose backing out from the world of celebs. There is a bit of a pattern here, I remember at one general election there was a list of which celebrities were backing Labour and they virtually all were ones with some talent and credibility.

The Tory side was all the crap, you know, Tarbuck, Jim Davidson, Cilla bloody Black, Brucie and so on

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:He's not a luvvie, he's a respected veteran of stage and screen*.

*OK, not the stage bit, in which he's a bit of an oddity. He's one of the few of his generation who made it entirely through film.
That's true Caine's never ventured into a prestige TV role either. I think he is well aware of his strengths and limitations. Perhaps Peter Serafoniwich can treat us to Michael Caine's King Lear. Or Harry Hill

[youtube]GPlqQgMpsbA[/youtube]

Has Ray Winstone come out for Brexit yet?
Last edited by youngian on Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Why I'd rather live under Labour than stay in the EU with a pro-Brussels Tory puppet in Number 10, by RICHARD LITTLEJOHN

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z46Gh1au2a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By mojojojo
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
If anyone ever disagrees with me about anything I do or say I shall now just counter with "that's scaremongering". It's good enough for Gove.

Brexit would cost us millions - scaremongering.

I asked for one sugar in this tea - scaremongering.

It's beautiful, like saying "you're over reacting".

By Kreuzberger
bluebellnutter wrote:BTWm buried in their document published today is the commitment post-Brexit to take Britain out of the ECHR as well. Chilling.
If they are making presumptions like this, theirs is more of a coup than a campaign.
bluebellnutter wrote:BTWm buried in their document published today is the commitment post-Brexit to take Britain out of the ECHR as well. Chilling.
The reputation of the ECHR (in large part by frequently being purposefully meshed with the EU) has took such a kicking in recent years, that I have little doubt that if we vote leave next month, then we'll quite happily go along with throwing the ECHR too.

Look at the countries in Europe that aren't signed up. What fine company we'd be keeping!
Bernie Ecclestone - "We should get rid of Brussels and Putin should be in charge of Europe"

http://uk.businessinsider.com/eccleston ... ope-2016-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Agnes
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:Bernie Ecclestone - "We should get rid of Brussels and Putin should be in charge of Europe"

http://uk.businessinsider.com/eccleston ... ope-2016-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How would 'we' 'get rid of' Brussels? Get good old Vlad to drop an H-bomb on it?

By Timbo
They also never think about the fact that the converged EU product and service standards are part of UK law, and would remain so until individually changed. It's quite bizarre to imagine the government deliberately making things incompatible with those of our biggest customer market.
Roll Call

So sorry to hear of your sad loss Daley, thinking […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Another of the new Northern Tories (though his sea[…]

More levelling up. They got forced into the Pupil […]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

Even in a fluffing Tweet he looks bad tempered.