Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 51.1 % ❤ 0.9 % :thumbsup: 7.6 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 31.6 % 😟 3.1 % :cry: 1.3 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
On Prescott's punch: first of all Mullet Man didn't chuck an egg at him, he held it in his hand and beat it down on P's head. That hurts. So Prescott's response is both encouraging and appropriate.

I remember driving home that day, and Steve Wright (or possibly some other goat's gonad) was pontificating on the radio that, as a public figure, Prescott should just take a hit on the head and grin, it was all part of being famous. No foul, wrong to retaliate.

Brendan O'Neill has been opining the same catshit today, I believe.
Catkins liked this

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
People sided with Prescott. They recognised an instinctively human reaction.

I wonder if Tom Watson is the through-the-looking-glass Prezza de nos jours? We may e need him to chin Nigel Farage.....
lord_kobel liked this

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:05 pm
On Prescott's punch: first of all Mullet Man didn't chuck an egg at him, he held it in his hand and beat it down on P's head. That hurts. So Prescott's response is both encouraging and appropriate.

If Soubry had lamped him, I suspect that the gammon reaction would have been somewhat different.

By MisterMuncher
I reckon they'd have went down like a sack of shit in a blaze of camera-phone flashbulb. Because they need to show "who the real fascists are" to give the gammons a big sad, so then they can squeeze them for a few quid in non-specific crowdfunding.

Can't let Tommy have all that easy money to himself.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By Catkins
Membership Days Posts
I fucking loved Prescott for that. Eventually. I first became aware of the kerfuffle after a long day on the campaign trail, when I came home, switched on the news, and saw Prezza planting a straight left squarely on the jaw of a mulleted fuckwit that had assaulted him at close quarters with a chookie egg.

My immediate reaction was "Oh fuck, there goes the election", but in fact, unlike Gordon Brown's unfortunate interaction with Gillian Duffy, it did us nothing but good.
I had exactly the same experience. Came home after a hard day's campaigning, and my reaction was "Prescott did WHAT?'.

Our local agent was terrified that (a) the election was lost and (b) our local candidate was now a target and we had to protect him as he was a lot of 'punchy' than Prescott.

Reaction on the doorstep the next day was 100% positive, from teenagers to elderly ladies. They thought it was hilarious. Particularly the immediate aftermath rolling around on the floor with Prescott pulling on the other guy's mullet.

By bluebellnutter
There is still a currency in politicians reacting the way ordinary people would. In a similar situation, most people would have turned round and given something back. Fight or flight.

It's that human reaction which I feel is these days missing.

By davidjay
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:47 pm
I reckon they'd have went down like a sack of shit in a blaze of camera-phone flashbulb. Because they need to show "who the real fascists are" to give the gammons a big sad, so then they can squeeze them for a few quid in non-specific crowdfunding.

Can't let Tommy have all that easy money to himself.
Nothing, and nobody, on earth shouts "Victim!!!" louder than someone who's spent their entire life being the bad guy and is now convinced they have right on their side.

By Biggus Robbus
So the UK voted, in the Brexit referendum, to take back sovereignty to a sovereign UK parliament.

A sovereign parliament votes that a no deal Brexit is not in Britain's best interest.

This upsets Brexiters who want UK sovereignty back because they think their referendum vote is "sovereign", which it isn't, because they are thick af, not to mention that no deal was not on the ballot sheet.

By Snowflake
Reading some of the BTL comments last night, they now appear to trying to argue that by voting no, no deal was the default position. If there had been more than one leave option on the ballot paper however, it would doubtless have been viewed as a conspiracy designed to split the vote.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Use the 'nuclear option', ministers tell May: PM is urged to trigger an April 4 ELECTION to stop MPs blocking no-deal Brexit
Isn't that after the date we leave?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... CTION.html

By bluebellnutter
Big Arnold wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:03 pm
Use the 'nuclear option', ministers tell May: PM is urged to trigger an April 4 ELECTION to stop MPs blocking no-deal Brexit
Isn't that after the date we leave?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... CTION.html
Their big idea is that if the PM announces an election this would mean dissolving Parliament and as such stopping them actually being able to do anything about stopping Brexit.
Meanwhile in America

I think America is big enough to survive Trump but[…]

Richard Littlejohn

My impoverished classmate seems to have left beh[…]

The Sun

https://i.postimg.cc/2SQfhbZH/image.jpg

Daily Express headline today

All shits. Let's unite the country!