Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 44.6 % ❤ 3.1 % :thumbsup: 6.4 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 35.4 % 🧥 0.6 % 🙏 1.4 % 😟 2.2 % :cry: 1.9 % :shit: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Christ I'm sick to the back teeth of poor left behind leave voters narrative.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/co ... ern-people
What happened? Before long the Westminster village reverted to type, and began obsessing about political plots, obscure article wording, and parliamentary procedures. All the talk switched to meaningful votes – yet in vast stretches of the UK, what they want is meaningful lives.

And amid the panic to stop Brexit, their stories have been forgotten. It often seems the message to them from remainers can be boiled down to two words: “Stupid northerners.”

There’s been little attempt to acknowledge the widespread poverty, deprivation, insecurity and marginalisation of so many towns and cities that led them to seek such a drastic solution to their problems. Yes, of course it’s clear that all the predictions are for the economy to take a hit and the poorer, northern regions to take the biggest hit of all: “What on earth were you thinking,” the liberal commentariat say (it’s a statement, not a question). Yet they fail to realise that these parts of the country have mostly been untouched by economic growth, even in the so-called boom years.

I was born and raised in Hull, a medium-sized, solidly working-class city in east Yorkshire. I remember the Thatcher recession of the 1980s, and the hit the city took, along with the collapse of its fishing industry. I also remember feeling incredulous when the media, over the following years, reported the economic boom: the yuppies, the “big bang” in the City of London, the “share-owning democracy”. None of that was felt anywhere near us.
We never hear about the concerns of remain voters do we? No instead we're demonised as metropolitan elites, branded enemies of the peoples and now when things are going to shit we're going to get the blame.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
[We never hear about the concerns of remain voters do we? No instead we're demonised as metropolitan elites, branded enemies of the peoples and now when things are going to shit we're going to get the blame.
Yeah. It's like we were responsible for Osborne doing this.

You can believe in austerity, which not all of us elite Remainers did, and still strongly oppose the way it was distributed.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:06 pm
Boris Johnson claims he knows more about making cars than the boss of Jaguar Land Rover as he insists motor industry will survive Brexit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Rover.html
The arm you see where its hand is right up Boris Johnson's arse belongs to one Steve Bannon.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
‘Britain MUST NOT benefit from Brexit’ David Davis reveals SHOCK Merkel warning
If that means we can't have all the benefits of EU membership without contributing anything ,it seems entirely reasonable to me.
Mr Davis said: “It's quite possible we'll have truck traffic jams, who knows, maybe we'll see hostile actions by European states, but whatever happens, after a year it will have subsided.”
Only traffic jams for a year? That's a relief. I was beginning to get worried.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... is-germany
By visage
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:03 pm
‘Britain MUST NOT benefit from Brexit’ David Davis reveals SHOCK Merkel warning
If that means we can't have all the benefits of EU membership without contributing anything ,it seems entirely reasonable to me.
Mr Davis said: “It's quite possible we'll have truck traffic jams, who knows, maybe we'll see hostile actions by European states, but whatever happens, after a year it will have subsided.”
Only traffic jams for a year? That's a relief. I was beginning to get worried.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... is-germany
I dont recall 'Traffic jams for a year' written on a fucking bus.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Went past Parliament Square in That London earlie[…]

Morrissey also says a few things about the Cure f[…]

It's a bit much to call it a Freudian slip I agree[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

You know my stance - I'd block you if I co[…]