Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 45.3 % ❤ 2.4 % :thumbsup: 7 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 35.9 % 🧥 0.3 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 2.4 % :cry: 1.2 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Broad sunlit uplands, anyone?
The emails leaked to the Guardian were sent to EA staff, asking for 42 volunteers to staff crisis management centres that would deal with incidents. On Tuesday, the chief executive of the civil service revealed plans to move up to 5,000 staff into an emergency command and control centre in the event of no deal.

By MisterMuncher
Fucking hell. Next thing they'll not be burying the dead.

Which is apparently a solid reason that Labour shouldn't govern (despite not being true), but, y'know, will of the people, 17 million, blah fucking blah.

By Boiler
If that scenario does present itself, these bastards need to be reminded of it every single fucking day for the next forty years. Just like the Tories have done for the last.

By MisterMuncher
A thought. Given the Maily/Gammon obsession with wheelie bin collections and so forth: Do they really, really think that'll improve free of all those Brussels led environmental targets, with the Tories busily whoring out every single public service to whatever shower of cowboys want to be the next Carillion?
Boiler, Watchman liked this

By cycloon
MisterMuncher wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:01 pm
A thought. Given the Maily/Gammon obsession with wheelie bin collections and so forth: Do they really, really think that'll improve free of all those Brussels led environmental targets, with the Tories busily whoring out every single public service to whatever shower of cowboys want to be the next Carillion?
That implies any of them have thought, for one second, that their revolution is nothing but an acceleration of the status quo.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
There is an inner reason why Theresa May still shies away from a full Brexit

The Prime Minister should not be more frightened 
of the car industry than of 17.4 million voters
Ah yes. The "Fuck business" view of Brexit.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ll-brexit/
Our economy continues to confound the doomsayers. That ought to be good news for everyone
But we haven't left yet!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/201 ... -everyone/

By Biggus Robbus
We get the BBC World Service for an hour or so on weekday mornings on npr.

The presenter apologized for mentioning Brexit the other morning. Basically the whole world is getting to watch Britain air its dirty washing in public.

I know the people on this forum are relatively sane and should not have anything to be embarrassed about. However the UK is becoming a laughing stock. At least the US got a second bite at the cherry with the midterms and got the Dems the house.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:12 pm
We get the BBC World Service for an hour or so on weekday mornings on npr.

The presenter apologized for mentioning Brexit the other morning. Basically the whole world is getting to watch Britain air its dirty washing in public.

I know the people on this forum are relatively sane and should not have anything to be embarrassed about. However the UK is becoming a laughing stock. At least the US got a second bite at the cherry with the midterms and got the Dems the house.
Yes, I heard that or something very much like it. Johnnie Diamond, I think, doing Newshour. He seemed genuinely weary.

I disagree though that the UK is becoming a laughing stock. It is certainly not the strand of thought that I am picking up and have been for some time now. True, when the referendum result was announced, there was plenty of reference to those stereotypical British eccentricities

But, since shit got real and focus got sharp, I have encountered a far more measured response which might well be tempered and contextualised by the predicament that Poles and Hungarians also suddenly find themselves in.

It is difficult to explain but there is genuine sympathy. It is as if we are finding ourselves in an abusive relationship with our governments and an insane and noisy fringe that nightly gather with pitchforks by torch light.

Laughing stock, no. This is way beyond a joke.
Zuriblue, oboogie, Cyclist liked this

By Biggus Robbus
Maybe you have a different perspective on the continent. I hope what you're saying is true as that is positive.

I should have said from a US liberal perspective. When you get the crazy Brexit shit from the UK the npr presenters seem to speak in that slow American condescending manner, suggesting Britain has said to itself "Let's go fucking mental!". After all you would never find English people suggesting that.
Boris Johnson

Johnson doesn’t offer up opinions but strate[…]

That's fair enough, and I can think of no better[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Beck took Cambridge up two divisions in as many ye[…]

The Biased BBC

So has anything happened re Robbie Gibb. Or is it […]