Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 43.8 % ❤ 3 % :thumbsup: 6.8 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 35.5 % 🧥 0.5 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 2.3 % :cry: 2.5 % :shit: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Fozzy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:01 pm
A thought. Given the Maily/Gammon obsession with wheelie bin collections and so forth: Do they really, really think that'll improve free of all those Brussels led environmental targets, with the Tories busily whoring out every single public service to whatever shower of cowboys want to be the next Carillion?
Nah, to the average Gammon it's going to be great being able to chuck everything into one bin with none of that pesky recycling nonsense. Besides, there'll be much less rubbish to collect once all the filthy forrins have been chucked out.
By Andy McDandy
The queen visited Grenfell tower the day after the fire, and spoke directly with the survivors. May was kept away because her life would be at risk.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:49 am
The queen visited Grenfell tower the day after the fire, and spoke directly with the survivors. May was kept away because her life would be at risk.

Exactly. The weasel excuse of "general security issues" was used first, and then blown out of the water when the one person who was probably more protected than May went down there.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:16 am
Don't mention the war!
I will order the Navy to replace Channel ferries': Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson invokes Dunkirk spirit for a No Deal Brexit
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
That's gonna work. How many lorries can you fit on a Type 42 frigate?

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
I dread the day Her Maj shuffles off - which, with the best will in the world, is going to be sooner rather than later. Just imagine the outpouring of deflection and the audible "Thank fuck for that" from tory central office. Hijacked for personal gain won't begin to describe it.

And, yeah. Newsflash - the war's over.
Cyclist liked this

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:47 pm
I dread the day Her Maj shuffles off - which, with the best will in the world, is going to be sooner rather than later. Just imagine the outpouring of deflection and the audible "Thank fuck for that" from tory central office. Hijacked for personal gain won't begin to describe it.
I remember reading this fascinating article in The Grauniad about the insanely detailed preparations for when the day comes ......

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... on-bridge

By Daley Mayle
I demand

1. All the cranes in Dockland currently helping build multi-million pounds apartments for foreign despots and billionaires lower their jibs as Her Majesty's Barge carrying Her Gracious Majesty's Royal Corpse up the Thames a la Churchill.

2. Unless Jon Snow wears a black tie Channel 4 should be shut down forthwith, if not sooner.

3. All front pages of newspapers to be black bordered for one year and a day.

4. Radio 1 and 2 only allowed to play solemn, martial music.

5. No TV comedy programmes to be broadcast until 28 days after Ma'am is laid to rest.

6. 'Ma'am' to be used in all newspaper headlines ie 'Fairwell Ma'am'

7. The day of her death to be renamed. For instance, if it was on a Monday it would be renamed Ma'amsday.

8. All flags to be flown at half-mast. Any EU flags to be removed.

9. Claire Balding banned from narrating funeral procession, any voice over will be male and use cod-Medieval syntax and terminology.

10. Overt grief banned among the crowds lining the procession. Wailing or clapping will not be tolerated.Black handkerchiefs can be waved.
Labour, Generally.

I'm sure the less well of Brexiters of Great Yarmo[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Anyhoo, worth a read : https://www.commondreams.[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

Northern Irish local newspapers are generally quit[…]

If.