Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 43.8 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 6.7 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 35.2 % 🧥 0.5 % 🙏 1.4 % 😟 2.4 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Biggus Robbus
I actually agree with that Indy article I read yesterday. There is a fair chance May's deal will get voted through if Yvette Cooper's motion to stop no deal wins on a second vote next week.

The ERG will then have to accept either an extension or May's deal.

As Tusk said there is a special place in hell for Brexiters who have no plan about how to leave the EU. Apparently that place in hell is called the backstop kicking in when the realization that responsible countries need hard borders when they have different customs' arrangements.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
BREXIT BEGINS: Are you watching, Brussels? Donald Trump announces HUGE Brexit trade boost

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... y-liam-fox

Not to our benefit as we're a net importer. Cheap imports, and the NHS exported.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
UK and US officials signed a “Mutual Recognition Agreement” earlier this week which will mean current trade relations between the historic Western allies will be preserved after Britain quits the EU.

I dread to think what the country is signing away under this “Mutual Recognition Agreement”. Even that is dependent on Congress which has Ireland's back before the UK's. The UK already has a surplus with the US via some complex set of bilateral arrangements rather than a comprehensive FTA (like Switzerland I think). There's some odd stuff that makes up the UK surplus like the art market.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's, to paraphrase Neil Gaiman, like thinking you're above it all because someone called you a lady of the night rather than a Littlejohnish street pro.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:23 am
If we do get a free trade agreement could I push for beef flavoured crisps, back bacon, black pudding and thick Domestos?
An unusual dish, but each to his own tastes.
Biggus Robbus liked this

By Biggus Robbus
Thick Domestos is so much better than thin Clorox.

If you crash out on no deal then there is a positive side to having no fresh fruit and vegetables. You can have the myriad of flavors of Doritos and M&Ms that are available in the the US, as well as the tasteless cheese that is available in US supermarkets.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Brussels SLAMS DOOR on UK exports with 'restrictions' planned in event of no-deal Brexit

European Commission bosses stepped up their plans to keep British trade out of the single market in the event of a no-deal Brexit. Pierre Moscovici warned the new plans are necessary as the “risk of a no-deal Brexit
I could have sworn we were leaving the Single Market.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/10889 ... May-latest
The Sun

middle-class, artichoke-chompers They've moved […]

C**t of the day

The RNLI_disgrace hashtag on Twitter is giving me […]

Local journalism at its best

Anyone under the age of forty should have to have […]

An appropriate time to use the term 'virtue signal[…]