Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 45 % ❤ 2.8 % :thumbsup: 6.6 % 😯 3.7 % :grinning: 35.6 % 🧥 0.3 % 🙏 1.4 % 😟 2.3 % :cry: 1.7 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
Big Arnold wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:19 pm
Presumably because Nick Ferrari has lost it down the back of the sofa!

By Oblomov
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:56 pm

What the...? Wasn't he arguing that these votes are meaningless, on live tv...like...yesterday?
Yup, I heard the smarmy tosspot saying this on LBC Wednesday morn.

I would hope it shows "you lost, get over it!" as the farcical discourse that it is but... eh...

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Won't Brexit ever get a break? I sometimes wish I could empathise with Brexiters to enjoy their misery
WWII bomb found at Brexit-plan lorry park Manston Airport
An unexploded World War Two bomb has been found on a disused airfield planned to be used as a lorry park in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

The bomb was found earlier at Manston Airport, Kent, and police and army bomb disposal experts were called in.

As there is "no immediate threat to life", the device will be detonated over the next few days, the Ministry of Defence said.

Ministers plan to use the site as a giant HGV holding bay if needed.

It is part of contingency plans in case the UK leaves the EU without a Brexit deal, to prevent traffic jams around Channel ferry ports. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-47577930

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Over 50s Brexiteers 'looking forward' to 'fewer terrorist attacks' and 'pension values rising'

Out of those that would still vote for Brexit, the survey gave an interesting glimpse into what they think will happen after the UK severs ties with the EU. When asked about what they “are looking forward to post-Brexit.” In order, they voted:

Sovereignty/Independence
Saving the EU membership fee
Fewer terrorist attacks
Cost of living falling
Pension values rising
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/50s-b ... tQzidEwxN-

Sovereignty/Independence- Send back the foreigners
Saving the EU membership fee- I can't even do basic maths
Fewer terrorist attacks- Fewer wogs
Cost of living falling- I'm retired so economic contraction is good news for my weekly trip to Tesco
Pension values rising - Less money spent building foreign scroungers council houses means more money for me

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
They haven't gone away...

Actually, no, they pretty much have. A couple of dissident fuckwits might do a bit of stuff. Yer actual Provies are much, much more concerned with bolstering the existing smuggling network for products beyond laundered diesel and hooky fegs.
By Dan
Membership Days Membership Days
Oblomov wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:54 am
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:56 pm

What the...? Wasn't he arguing that these votes are meaningless, on live tv...like...yesterday?
Yup, I heard the smarmy tosspot saying this on LBC Wednesday morn.

I would hope it shows "you lost, get over it!" as the farcical discourse that it is but... eh...
Her deal can be revisisted so his views are laughable. Nothing is "off the table" until either her deal goes through or it comes down to an arbitary choice regarding what they actually fucking want rather than what they don't want.

Mind you, the shamless cynicism of the wretched Independent Group pushing for the 2nd ref vote now is practically unforgivable. Way to play straight into Leavers' hands.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Hey, only 40 people at the lesser free trade hall. 13 at the last supper. Archimedes was alone in his bath...
Oblomov liked this
Euro Elections 2019

https://twitter.com/JohnVMercer/status/11315051457[…]

Theresa May

It's not a fucking party game*, or a Paul Daniels […]

The Sun

"Best informed MEP" screen-shot-2016-[…]

https://twitter.com/BarryGardiner/status/113147523[…]