Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 43.1 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 6.6 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 36.3 % 🧥 0.4 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 2.4 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I suppose it'd be stretching it a bit to describe former Villa defender Kevin Gage as a boyhood hero, BUT he did score the first Villa goal I ever saw from the Holte End at Villa Park (a long-range piledriver vs Norwich City in late '88, since you asked), so I've always had very fond recollections of him as a player ever since.

Out of curisoity, I was looking up former Villa players on Twitter earlier today and lo & behold this was one of the first tweets I came across from his feed. Le sigh :(

By WTF?
Membership Days
I understand your disappointment, and you have my sympathy, but, as far as I'm concerned, this fine Englishman can become First Minister of Scotland any time he likes...

https://twitter.com/brianmoore666?lang=en

And I never thought I'd say that about an English rugby player.

Strange days indeed.
Arrowhead, youngian liked this
By randomelement
Membership Days Membership Days
Whenever I hear about this kind of bollocks. I'm reminded what Henning Wehn (A Comedian from Germany now living in London M'Lud) joked:
Mr. Wehn told the audience with faux exasperation. “Everyone in Britain takes personal credit for Britain winning it, even people that weren’t born at the time.” What about those in their 70s today? “How did you help win the war when you were just 10 years old?” Mr. Wehn asked. “You were nothing but a drain on British resources. Effectively, every 70-year-old Brit fought on the side of Nazi Germany.”
Timbo liked this

By Oblomov
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:09 am
Staying with sportsmen...

Geoffrey Boycott’s been banging the drum for a no-deal Brexit – the only 5 replies you need

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2019/06/24/ge ... lies-need/
Mayday's favourite cricketer dunchaknow

EDIT: I am shocked to find that gammon poster boy Ian Botham hasn't really made any public Brexit comments since initially campaigning for leave in 2016.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:44 am
The Red Arrow wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:09 am
Staying with sportsmen...

Geoffrey Boycott’s been banging the drum for a no-deal Brexit – the only 5 replies you need

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2019/06/24/ge ... lies-need/
Mayday's favourite cricketer dunchaknow

EDIT: I am shocked to find that gammon poster boy Ian Botham hasn't really made any public Brexit comments since initially campaigning for leave in 2016.
"We dont need a quick single, we won 2 world wars", called the opening batsman, running out yet another batting partner.

Compared to Boycott, Beefy (tm) is a rather nuanced character.

"What they know of cricket, who only cricket know?" - CLR James.
2019 General Election

Zero growth in the 3rd quarter. Total of 0.1% in[…]

Boris Johnson

For a fair chunk of the electorate the Prime Minis[…]

Richard Littlejohn

Have you ever met anyone called Atiyah? Me, neith[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

I think it was a terrible idea. And Ed was warned […]