Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 43.1 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 6.6 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 36.3 % 🧥 0.4 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 2.4 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
Went past Parliament Square in That London earlier today and there was a Leave demonstration set up, every single gammon looked to be at least 50 or older.
By WTF?
Membership Days
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:45 pm
WTF? wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:18 pm
I see Billy Boy is getting mucho support in the comments :D

Is it just me or does anyone else sense a backlash building?
I thought he was getting his arse kicked...
He is very much getting his arse kicked. Right up round his brass neck.
Oblomov wrote:Went past Parliament Square in That London earlier today and there was a Leave demonstration set up, every single gammon looked to be at least 50 or older.
How many divisions did they have?

By Oblomov
Oblomov wrote:Went past Parliament Square in That London earlier today and there was a Leave demonstration set up, every single gammon looked to be at least 50 or older.
How many divisions did they have?
[/quote]

Barely enough to field a Sunday League side. I know it's anecdotal and all that but my bus the previous week got held up at Parliament Square for half an hour because hundreds of yoots protesting about climate change (I think) laid down in the road to obstruct traffic.

Methinks the gammons are probably writing their grandiose memoirs about fighting in the culture wars :roll:

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:11 am
Solicitor General Boris backer Lucy Frazer claimed Brussels didn't seriously believe May's deadline to leave the EU and that is why we need a Kamikaze nutjob like Johnson as PM to show Blighty is serious
Ludicrous. They're fed up with us, and have said so repeatedly. It's down to us. Accept May's deal, no deal, or revoke A50.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
JACK DOYLE ANALYSIS: So can Boris Johnson REALLY claim that a No Deal Brexit will mean no tariffs at all?

I'm constantly amazed how many Brexiters think that having to import food to avoid mass starvation is somehow a strong bargaining position. And for the umpteenth time, services aren't covered by GATT 24.
GabrielleStarStylist, Chelsea, United Kingdom, about an hour ago

We import far more than export so tarifs will hurt EU. We export more services that wont be hit will save the UK billions of

Flivoless, Horsham, United Kingdom, about an hour ago

The WTO exists to promote trade and its aim is to reduce tariffs to zero wherever possible. Under its rules, tariffs are set by agreement between the parties. It is therefore entirely possible that the UK and the EU could easily agree zero tariffs. Given the massive trade surplus the EU enjoys with the UK, the only reason the EU would not agree would be out of spite and I don't think even the EU is stupid enough to do that as it would cause a catastrophic down-turn in business, resulting in huge job losses, especially in its major financial contributors, Germany and France. Let's not forget, the EU is fundamentally about money.
Richard Littlejohn

Have you ever met anyone called Atiyah? Me, neith[…]

2019 General Election

There’s an interesting story behind the Time[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

I think it was a terrible idea. And Ed was warned […]

Boris Johnson

Well, I quite like tits, lager and football, too. […]