Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 43.9 % ❤ 3.1 % :thumbsup: 5.9 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 36 % 🧥 0.5 % 🙏 1.3 % 😟 2.3 % :cry: 2.6 % :shit: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Judging by her comments on the BBC a short while ago, it sounds like we can now add Sarah Champion to the list of witless Labour MP's willing to enable a No Deal Brexit. That makes - I think - at least thirteen of the fuckers.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Arrowhead wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:41 pm
add Sarah Champion to the list of witless Labour MP's willing to enable a No Deal Brexit.
Everyone from in the party from McDonnell to Mandelson will judge these MPs as insane, thick or both. They’d be more comfortable in a breakaway George Wallace Dixiecrat type party.
Arrowhead, Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:03 pm
Why didn't she vote for May's deal? What did she think would happen if it failed?
Apparently, Champion thinks it was all just a glorified poker game which opponents of May's deal have ultimately lost.

Still, nobody can accuse Champion of not knowing exactly what her Rotherham constituents (68% Leave) voted for in 2016. Which was, in her mind, to glibly stand aside three years later and allow America's form of cannibalistic capitalism to gorge upon the carcass of whatever remains of the NHS over the coming years.

I know Momentum and their deselection proposals don't exactly have a huge number of admirers on here. But when it comes to the likes of Champion etc, frankly they can do whatever they like now.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Arrowhead wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:23 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:03 pm
Why didn't she vote for May's deal? What did she think would happen if it failed?
Apparently, Champion thinks it was all just a glorified poker game which opponents of May's deal have ultimately lost.

Still, nobody can accuse Champion of not knowing exactly what her Rotherham constituents (68% Leave) voted for in 2016. Which was, in her mind, to glibly stand aside three years later and allow America's form of cannibalistic capitalism to gorge upon the carcass of whatever remains of the NHS over the coming years.

I know Momentum and their deselection proposals don't exactly have a huge number of admirers on here. But when it comes to the likes of Champion etc, frankly they can do whatever they like now.
Yeah, I'd happily get rid of these No Dealers too. I don't know how much Remainers and Corbynites overlap in her CLP.

As Ian says, anybody talking in poker analogies isn't to be trusted. See also people who talk about game theory. They're about as useful as a kid in my chess team who said he'd lost because his opponent "didn't do the opening".
Arrowhead liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Arrowhead wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:34 am
Genuinely surprised they managed to find a non-gammon to spout this utter bollocks.

Isn't she the one who hangs about with those "Glammon" girls at the Farage rallys.
Jeremy Corbyn.

I'd rather Margaret Beckett than Harriet Harman […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Just so.

Owen Jones

Labour needs a re-boot, okay. But it needs to star[…]

Boris Johnson

Well that's completely different, though, isn't it[…]