Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 43.6 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 6.6 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 35.3 % 🧥 0.5 % 🙏 1.4 % 😟 2.6 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Weeping person wrote: Did I say all baby boomers?
"I don't mean Grays the place, I mean grays as in the boomers the elderly the ones who fucked it all up for evetybody else."

Pretty much...

By Snowflake
Timbo wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:04 pm
I was at the 'North Wales for Europe' protest this morning. Overwhelmingly made up of people in their 60s and 70s, too. Generational warfare is the last thing we need.
Likewise the recent extinction rebellion protests in London. Watching the TV coverage I was surprised at the number of members of the so-called baby boomer generation who were present. Although I will admit that Brexit has somewhat coloured my attitude towards those of certain age, it's important to remember that trying to set one generation against another is standard Mail divide and rule tactics. Perhaps I should qualify that I am also a member of the boomer generation.
Timbo liked this

By Killer Whale
Snowflake wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:56 am
Timbo wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:04 pm
I was at the 'North Wales for Europe' protest this morning. Overwhelmingly made up of people in their 60s and 70s, too. Generational warfare is the last thing we need.
Likewise the recent extinction rebellion protests in London.
Very well represented in Aberystwyth yesterday, too.
Timbo liked this

By Boiler
I wonder if the reality is that his business isn't doing that well. A number of his pubs are closing; what I find amusing is that the sort of people who'll shell out £270 a seat on a steam train excursion immediately become Spoons-seeking missiles once the train reaches its destination (I've sat amongst them). The brand has also become a bit of a joke.

I absolutely refuse to drink in them, there are better alehouses to be had elsewhere.

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:55 pm
What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

By davidjay
Boiler wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:14 pm
I wonder if the reality is that his business isn't doing that well. A number of his pubs are closing; what I find amusing is that the sort of people who'll shell out £270 a seat on a steam train excursion immediately become Spoons-seeking missiles once the train reaches its destination (I've sat amongst them). The brand has also become a bit of a joke.

I absolutely refuse to drink in them, there are better alehouses to be had elsewhere.
It's interesting that CAMRA have replaced their £20-worth of Wetherspoon's vouchers for members with a more generic £30 at participating pubs. I would guess their membership is a bit more left-wing than most pub-goers so maybe a bit of pressure has been put on there.

By Boiler
KevS wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:37 pm
Yep, he's cutting the cost of Ruddles, owned by Greene King, and so having to pay all those import tariffs from er, Bury St Edmunds.
And Ruddles is just not recognisable from what I drank as a teenager since GK got hold of it. That's why I'm thankful The Grainstore Brewery in Oakham exists; it has the former head brewer of Ruddles in charge, and their wonderful Ten Fifty is as close to the original Ruddles County as I remember it. :D

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:14 pm
what I find amusing is that the sort of people who'll shell out £270 a seat on a steam train excursion immediately become Spoons-seeking missiles once the train reaches its destination (I've sat amongst them). The brand has also become a bit of a joke.
Are you saying steam train enthusiasts are Camra members as well?

We all have non political interests and visit sites to chat about them where politics is conventionally a no go area. Has anyone noticed Brexit arguments boiling over onto them? I had to deal with Brexit prats on a dog owners site who claimed Pet Passport annulment was fake news (despite Brits abroad explaining what the situation is). And because we’re British we’ll be able to demand their retention.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

That's it.

The LibDems, generally

Spotted this elsewhere. Warning: contains Piers Mo[…]

GE 2020

The deluded fuckwit still thinks there's such a […]

David Cameron

Compassionate conservatism: putting professionals […]