Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 43.6 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 6.6 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 35.3 % 🧥 0.5 % 🙏 1.4 % 😟 2.6 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:48 pm
Umm...
Samanfur's not a bloke.
Goodness, I've compounded my insult. So sorry, Samanfur. It might have been the reference to you sharing a hat size with your dad that led me up the wrong gender path. Sincerest apologies.

By Samanfur
Apology accepted, Abers.

But for the record, it was me needing years to figure out how to camouflage the outsize and more masculine look of my features (unlike RLB, I avoid tying my hair back at all costs) that led to me being in the running for Best Looking Male in my final year at the sixth form. Which goes back to my original point.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Samanfur wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:00 pm
I've said it before and I'll say it again: do we have to go for the lowest common denominator and attack people's appearance when there're plenty of things within their control that we could attack them over?

It seems terribly playground bully stuff when some of these people have held genuinely unpleasant opinions and done genuinely unpleasant things.

As someone who was born with hydrocephalus, has a bigger hat size than my father as a result and is nobody's idea of a catalogue model, I can't claim that the turn this thread just took isn't making me uncomfortable.

Cock versus conscience is one thing. Actively waving photos around and laughing at their failure to conform to standards feels like another - and it's exactly what the Sidebar of Shame does.

We're better than this.
You're quite right, and I apologise for stepping beyond the bounds of decency.

I shouldn't make excuses, but I'm prone to getting dragged into the mosh pit once mud starts flying.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Samanfur wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:17 am
But for the record, it was me needing years to figure out how to camouflage the outsize and more masculine look of my features (unlike RLB, I avoid tying my hair back at all costs) that led to me being in the running for Best Looking Male in my final year at the sixth form. Which goes back to my original point.
Well as far as we're concerned, you're a fox. :wink:
Watchman, Samanfur liked this

By Snowflake
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:12 pm
I enjoy reggae and ska.
Veering off topic, but I heard these LA based revivalists recently and thought they were excellent.

By Boiler
But as someone said in the replies:

"Oh noes! You unfollowed him!"

Although I have since spoken to an individual I fell out with, we are no longer friends in real life. Like I said before, this is as polarising as the miners' strike was, but applied to the whole country. And may the entire Cameron family burn in hell for it.

By Snowflake
On the topic of radicalization, I was googling recently and took a glance at an old Mail article on immigration from about 5 years ago, specifically the comments. The user names looked more like they could have been actual people and the comments themselves, whilst being obnoxious, weren't completely batshit.

I think it's generally accepted that many of them now are either bots or Mail staffers posting for clicks, but how many people over the past few years have read and been influenced by them?
By Andy McDandy
The windows of acceptable language have moved, not just regarding race and immigration. I've noticed handicapped and wheelchair bound creep back in to describe wheelchair users.

People think that they can get away with being a cunt again.
Boiler, Zuriblue liked this
GE 2020

The deluded fuckwit still thinks there's such a […]

David Cameron

Compassionate conservatism: putting professionals […]

The sad faces of wronged Mail readers

I was told it's nothing to do with jackets and i[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Externalisation of the locus of control. https://[…]