Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 43.8 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 6.7 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 35.2 % 🧥 0.5 % 🙏 1.4 % 😟 2.4 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:53 am
The windows of acceptable language have moved, not just regarding race and immigration. I've noticed handicapped and wheelchair bound creep back in to describe wheelchair users.

People think that they can get away with being a cunt again.
Yep - it's that one I heard so often of "Nigel's let us say what we think again."
Megalomax liked this

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:10 am
But as someone said in the replies:

"Oh noes! You unfollowed him!"

Although I have since spoken to an individual I fell out with, we are no longer friends in real life. Like I said before, this is as polarising as the miners' strike was, but applied to the whole country. And may the entire Cameron family burn in hell for it.
Nope, sorry, can't agree with that. For Cameron, Dacre, Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Farage and all the architects of this fiasco, I hope they themselves suffer the eternal flames of damnation, but not the families.

In most cases they had nothing to do with it, especially the children.

By Boiler
KevS wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:45 am
Nope, sorry, can't agree with that. For Cameron, Dacre, Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Farage and all the architects of this fiasco, I hope they themselves suffer the eternal flames of damnation, but not the families.

In most cases they had nothing to do with it, especially the children.
Perhaps it's an ill-judged comment. But neither do countless families with children up and down the country want the trouble that is to follow.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Oh I love it when Brexiters talk about taking to the streets.
That general election is coming, maybe not in the coming days, but soon. The Tories have a minority of something like 30 now.

You have to live here to understand just how many people feel absolutely betrayed. A second referendum carries with it the serious risk of being the spark that leads to Hong Kong. People think I am overreacting when I say that, but think about it: 17 million people voted leave. If even a small fraction of that decides take to the streets then we are talking thousands.

And even if it doesn't lead to Hong Kong and everything remains peaceful, it will solve nothing. If Brexit is cancelled its supporters are not going anywhere and will probably be even more resentful of the EU. I certainly think the man who will profit the most out of a cancelled Brexit would be Nigel Ferage because he will sweep up thousands of disenfranchised Tory voters just as he did during the EU election. He won't be Prime Minister but could the Brexit Party become as big as the SNP or the Lib Dems? Yeah, I think so.

The bad blood generated by Brexit will last a generation you mark my words. It will bubble under the surface until it rises again. As such, do you know what I think the best thing the EU could do right now? Refuse an extension to A50 and tell us to piss off and stop poisoning their well. I know for a fact that President Macron was very close to threatening that the last time so its not even unlikely.

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:49 pm
Not to mention he ignores the fact that it's been remainers who have been mobolising and taking to the streets.
While on the whole leavers have been getting pissed, lairy and squaring up to Plod. Almost 20% of them arrested last leaver demo.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
For more entirely harmonious, synergistic thought processes, they're all for taking to the streets any time now. You will note that up until now, they've been entirely too busy with their businesses and families to do any direct protests, which are all rather infra dig. and really the preserve of leftie types who have no jobs to do and already have feral children.

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
At a guess, a few hundred, maybe four figures, of soccer hooligans trying to be "patriotic" by fighting with anyone they can find, including themselves if there's no one else.

A few dozen alt-right incels behaving like edgelords in public whom suddenly realise that trying to bring out that navy seal copypasta in real life... well, it's gonna look hilarious! If they stop blaming everyone else for their woes then a nice drink of beer or Diet Pepsi after an invigorating session with their blow up waifu should allow them to chill out for a bit. Hopefully. The biggest danger will be some of them trying to adjust to sunlight.

A few thousand arseholes will start rioting, looting, stealing, vandalising etc. Not because they have seek to take rebellious action regarding the UK not possibly going full "no deal", indeed they probably don't care that much, they're just looking for a decent enough excuse to start chucking petrol bombs at the filth and be idiotic enough to post pictures of their loot on Twitter.

Meanwhile almost all of the sacred 17.4 million will watch the violent protests on TV supposedly being done in their name, and even if they wanted an extra-hard Brexit they'll all be shaking their heads and going "tut, tut, tut, tut" in unison. F**age seemingly has gone AWOL this whole time and for once, no one can get hold of him.

We heard it all before about supposed "silent" leave voters going out to protest if Britain basically wasn't physically pushed further away from mainland Europe and left floating in the Atlantic. We saw what happened with the Gammonball Run. There's much more concern in worrying about right-wing terrorists in Britain going rogue - and when more blood is shed, the usual suspects will try to repeatedly wash their hands.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
BBC Radio Norfolk reporting this morning that representatives of all parties are facing abuse on the streets, across the Brexit spectrum from the Lib Dems to Farage's gang.

Some nutter is going to do something sooner or later. Might be a good time for everyone to take a step back.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:57 am
Perversely, the prorogation might give people the chance to step back and take stock.

Perhaps.
I fear we'l get nothing but 5 weeks of wall-to-wall Johnson electioneering.
The Sun

If David Cameron's memoirs are so poor why did a[…]

Richard Littlejohn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7471163[…]

Boris Johnson

^^This. All along the Tories have kept saying &quo[…]

The LibDems, generally

Is Swinson safe from the SNP in her seat? She ou[…]