Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 42.9 % ❤ 3.7 % :thumbsup: 6.8 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 35.6 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 2.2 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:33 pm
"if it wasn't for us, you wouldn't be speaking English" is possibly not the killer argument he imagines it to be.
Indeed. Could make for some "lively"* lessons in Wales, West Belfast, the Scottish Highlands and Cornwall.

*a "lively lesson" is teacherspeak for an unarmed insurrection.
Last edited by oboogie on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By Boiler
On another forum, a Brexiter - prone to asking people to prove their statements when they present facts contrary to his thinking - asked someone to prove that the electorate at large has changed its mind over Brexit.

Presented to him is this handy table, which I reproduce here.

By Biggus Robbus
Just read a right wing media outlet post about tough trade talks with the EU ahead.

Apparently after this election the EU are going to crumble and give in to UK demands according to the comments section. I saw comments about the German car industry... etc...

You were up against sheer fuckwittery and fuckwittery won.

Barnier is going to kick the living shit out of Johnson's administration and you are going to be accused of being a traitor for saying "I told you so".

The audacity of remainers.
youngian, Oblomov liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:53 pm
Just read a right wing media outlet post about tough trade talks with the EU ahead.

Apparently after this election the EU are going to crumble and give in to UK demands according to the comments section. I saw comments about the German car industry... etc...

You were up against sheer fuckwittery and fuckwittery won.

Barnier is going to kick the living shit out of Johnson's administration and you are going to be accused of being a traitor for saying "I told you so".

The audacity of remainers.

Johnson went to Brussels to agree to accept the original deal the EU offered but May put her foot down over as she didn't want to toss Ulster Unionists over the side. This was portrayed by the media as Johnson getting a better deal that the sceptics said wouldn't happen and everyone lapped it up. Without a ruthless opposition every Brexit failure will be spun as a triumph.

By Biggus Robbus
youngian wrote: Johnson went to Brussels to agree to accept the original deal the EU offered but May put her foot down over as she didn't want to toss Ulster Unionists over the side. This was portrayed by the media as Johnson getting a better deal that the sceptics said wouldn't happen and everyone lapped it up. Without a ruthless opposition every Brexit failure will be spun as a triumph.
Oh god... the thought of conceding May had more integrity than Johnson. However that is true.

Barnier will still kick the shit out the Johnson administration though.
The Sun

Looks uncannily like Peter Hitchens.

Sir Keir Starmer

I know. I apologise for forgetting to mention the […]

Dominic Raab

What surprises me is that it's the Sun's political[…]

Boris Johnson

Happy to report that not a single clap was heard w[…]