•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Messianic Trees wrote:
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:Fucking disgraceful reporting as usual. And so typical of the frothing Mailites desperate for it to be terrorism. Worst thing is they never learn from it.
And the usual suspects:

Why do these dimwits keep jumping the gun to set themselves up for a fall? You train a puppy not to

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
So two fuckwits planned to bomb the gates at the end of Downing Street, then run along the street with a knife, somehow get in the heavy gauge steel bomb-proof front door of number ten, somehow find Theresa May (number ten is a pretty big house) and knife her to death.

............Right.

How far along the street do you think they'd have got, even if they did get past the gates, before being shot to pieces ?

A good thing that so many terrorists seem to be such thickies.

By Malcolm Armsteen
It does seem a touch optimistic, but then the 'soldiers' on the ground for ISIS, Al Qaeda or others aren't chosen for their brains and imagination.
By Andy McDandy
Which is why they're going for truck and knife attacks. Explosives are complex, and it's easier to be a martyr in jail than in heaven.

Go to jail, brag about the terrible things you did, get a bumboy. Certainty compared to that 72 virgins in paradise nonsense.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:58 pm

Go to jail, brag about the terrible things you did, get a bumboy. Certainty compared to that 72 virgins in paradise nonsense.
As so often said, the virgins you get may be Ann Widdlecombe.
Watchman liked this

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
You would have thought that they would have seen how they bundled May out of the way during the attack on Parliament in the spring, with several gentlemen brandishing weapons protecting her.

Not only that, I get the impression that they think the only way out of Number Ten is through the front door, past the policeman. I mean, it's certainly linked to Hammond's place, along with the buildings behind, I suspect there's tunnels and what have you underneath still connecting to the War Rooms etc, there's probably some sort of fortified inner core panic room bunker thing, and so on and so forth.

Suffice to say, if the gates were destroyed, by the time anyone got to the front door, the PM would have been halfway up Western Avenue heading for Chequers.

By MisterMuncher
Thing of it is, yer ISIS command structure exists in countries where munitions aren't in short or controlled supply. They've never needed to develop any weaponry of their own so they've no "cookbook" to work from. Hence the random buck-eejits acting on their behalf have no real sources for weapons, nor info on how to improvise same.

If these loopers could knock up an ould Mk15 Barrack Buster or know the military importance of a pack of Jacob's Digestives, then we'd really be in a world of shit

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:24 pm
So two fuckwits planned to bomb the gates at the end of Downing Street, then run along the street with a knife, somehow get in the heavy gauge steel bomb-proof front door of number ten, somehow find Theresa May (number ten is a pretty big house) and knife her to death.

............Right.

How far along the street do you think they'd have got, even if they did get past the gates, before being shot to pieces ?

A good thing that so many terrorists seem to be such thickies.
They tend to send the expendable ones on the suicide jobs.

I recall having to get a new passport at the Consulate in Amsterdam.
A workmate who did the same mentioned that there always seemed to be building work going on opposite.
After biking up there, I recognised a traffic calming roadblock married up with a shipping container with strategically placed "windows".

Gave them a wave as I parked my bike, and wasn't too surprised to find reception was alert when I pressed the front door buzzer.

Conclusion: These places are covered a bit better than you'd guess from a casual glance.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Well, if this crash outside Parliament is terrorist related, then we have further proof of dumbassery, whoever is responsible.

"I know, let's attack one of the most heavily guarded buildings in the world, whilst it's empty, and use a family hatchback to try and get through barriers that would stop a tank."

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Exactly. The defences went up during the Troubles, and were beefed up a couple of years ago. The driver didn't jump out and try and knife people. Just sitting there suggests shock to me. Only the location hints at terrorism.
Guess what?
The Northern Irish thread

Ooof. That's pretty big.

Meanwhile in America

About bloody time this law was challenged properly[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

I grew up pretty close to Moygashel myself. As a l[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm sure the less well of Brexiters of Great Yarmo[…]