•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Bloody humans and their in-built sense of self-preservation. Shameful really as it's well known that hitting a policeman stops a speeding car dead.

By Malcolm Armsteen
bluebellnutter wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:30 pm
Bloody humans and their in-built sense of self-preservation. Shameful really as it's well known that hitting a policeman stops a speeding car dead.
Their standing instructions are to get out of the way, on the grounds they are fuck-all use dead.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
BBC Breakfast: 'Where are you?!’ Viewers SLAM BBC over Westminster coverage

BBC BREAKFAST viewers were outraged this morning, when the morning news programme failed to do rolling coverage on this morning’s Westminster crash. Viewers took to Twitter to voice their complaints.
I wasn't. I wasn't even furious. Not enough was known then to justify rolling coverage.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-ra ... -BBC-video

By Boiler
Arnold wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:58 pm
BBC Breakfast: 'Where are you?!’ Viewers SLAM BBC over Westminster coverage

BBC BREAKFAST viewers were outraged this morning, when the morning news programme failed to do rolling coverage on this morning’s Westminster crash. Viewers took to Twitter to voice their complaints.
I wasn't. I wasn't even furious. Not enough was known then to justify rolling coverage.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-ra ... -BBC-video
Did Sky do rolling coverage?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Yes. It was tedious. Mrs A was going ballistic. As far as I can see they've done nothing else all day.

By MisterMuncher
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:56 pm
bluebellnutter wrote:
Their standing instructions are to get out of the way, on the grounds they are fuck-all use dead.
Indeed. See also stories about police/PCSO not wading into situations they don't have training for. It's not complex, but apparently too complex for some.

Put more simply, self-sacrifice isn't intrinsically heroic.

By Boiler
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:43 pm
Yes. It was tedious. Mrs A was going ballistic. As far as I can see they've done nothing else all day.
Well, IMV 30+ people dying due to the collapse of a motorway viaduct in Genoa trumps minor incident in London.

God, I wish we didn't have rolling television news. It's a load of tedious wank.

By Malcolm Armsteen
MisterMuncher wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:09 pm
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:56 pm
bluebellnutter wrote:
Indeed. See also stories about police/PCSO not wading into situations they don't have training for. It's not complex, but apparently too complex for some.

Put more simply, self-sacrifice isn't intrinsically heroic.
Instructions to armed officers are to not blast away at suspects who may have explosive devices, for obvious reasons. The recommended technique is to take the suspect out with a head shot without warning. That is what led to the death of Jean Charles Menendez, of course, but as far as I know it still applies.

By Malcolm Armsteen
youngian wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:31 pm
I saw a bit of Sky rolling coverage and the talents the reporters possess are similar to shopping channel presenters who can bullshit on about a soap dispensing back scratcher for 30 minutes.
I think they are paid by the word...

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
I don't think that the situation this morning was cut and dried.

Firstly, it is August and crews are thin on the ground. Secondly, the Westminster situation didn't unfold and follow the pattern of recent, multi-facetted attacks. It was always going to be a tough call for news editors.

Then Genoa. Also, everyone is on their holibobs and this is not a media city with nothing other than local journalists who, because the main arterial route was fucked on the eve of Ferragosto, were going nowhere.

Even when stories are developing - or not - there's not a lot you can do when you have little or no content.

By Boiler
And of course Trump has speked his branes, and like faithful little doggies the BTL commenters on the Mail article are saying "He's right".

Universe? Asteroid, please. Right now. Third planet along.
Christopher Chope

Defect to the Lib Dems?

2019 General Election

Question: how does one explain these numbers, from[…]

Labour, Generally.

Who'd want to be Labour leader at the moment? I'd […]

The Tories, Generally

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/f[…]