•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Someone in the past has suggested a *nix cron job that goes wrong: I'm now wondering if that is tied up to my usual grumble about the cache directory not being writable.

phpBB is well beyond my pay grade, sadly. I know from searches that there are issues with phpBB 3 (and one of them is indeed "cache NOT writable).

However, nonetheless I think it's great that Merk has given us a free-to-use playground for so long - I've just had a mod on another forum threaten me with closing my account after he challenged me over using an adblocker/tracker blocker and not subscribing. He got handed his arse on a plate by a couple of the regulars.
Last edited by Boiler on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By lambswool
Membership Days
lambswool wrote:It's 04:12 and it's the 12th of June.

All is well.

So far . . . . .
In my naïveté I thought that, at the exact stroke of midnight, the forum would go 'phut'.
So I was chuffed to see it up and running in the early hours when I had one of my regular bouts of insomnia. I looked in again, though, at 4:40 and . . . . . nothing.

Glad it's been fixed so promptly this time.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
lambswool wrote:
lambswool wrote:It's 04:12 and it's the 12th of June.

All is well.

So far . . . . .
In my naïveté I thought that, at the exact stroke of midnight, the forum would go 'phut'.
So I was chuffed to see it up and running in the early hours when I had one of my regular bouts of insomnia. I looked in again, though, at 4:40 and . . . . . nothing.

Glad it's been fixed so promptly this time.
Sounds like a cron (batch) job scheduled at 4:15 or 4:30 that runs some maintenance.

Are we able to find out whether it was manually revived, or did it come back of its own accord?

Nick Collins ‏ @proudlibtar He should eat a[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Who is that twerp who nearly lost the news? […]

The Sun

So much to enjoy there a dig at the lefty BBC for […]

Have a go Heroes

Standard thing, appeal to the core audience. Hence[…]