Area for all other political discussion
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Posts
I'd say it's a coincidence in part. They're there to set up offices etc as usual, but the media glare is too good to waste. Ideal time to talk turkey on the legally/ethnically dubious nature of the MayDUP fudge with respect to the GFA. It'll not be Gerry doing it anyway. My money is on that pretty new lass elected in Derry. She can carry that point, the idea that constitutional Nationalism has a new keeper (having won the last SDLP stronghold), and maybe a wee damp eye for old Uncle Marty, this isn't what he worked for etc.

Meanwhile, the DUP will be trying to cope with real investigation rather than Steroid Nolan and the Belly Telly
Last edited by MisterMuncher on Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Posts
I have been saying that the DUP are sufficiently mired in shit of their own making, they'd be extremely fortunate to be offered enough to cover it, then told to shut the fuck up and do as they're bid. On one hand, May needs them. On the other, they've no real negotiating strength, as they're not going to go elsewhere anyway, and if they don't do some kind of deal, they're fucked.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Just a coincidence, I'm sure...

Theresa May appoints anti-LGBT justice secretary with appalling gay rights voting record during DUP talks

Josh Jackman
12th June 2017, 9:36 AM

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/06/12/th ... otiations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:Get your titters out...

"Democracy is a wonderful thing"
"Labour stands ready to offer strong and stable leadership in the national interest" - Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn - BBC News

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm really enjoying the humiliating "Yeah but we won" whining form the butthurt tory tweetists.
Not when you factor in the context in which Corbyn is on about and he wants to be PM over May, that's not how the vote went. Again
Jeremy Corbyn.

Children, only Chinese acrobats and western morons[…]

UKIP

To be fair, Corbynites probably also regard them a[…]

The Times

Brainy Brits come out for Brexit Let me guess[…]

Higher Education

Another disastrous idea in the offing: May warns[…]