•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:This could get interesting. Can I add that this is the most interesting political era I can remember, I didn't take much notice of what was going on under Wilson, Heath and Callaghan, then was the long dark, depressing black hole of Thatcher/Major, followed by an improvement under Blair.

Now we have got all this mental shit. Its better than watching telly!
May you live in interesting times...

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote: Conservative party call centre 'may have broken election law'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ection-law" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Investigation scheduled for 5 years and 3 weeks.

By Catkins
Membership Days Posts
Having worked on a few Labour campaigns over the years, at local level I don't think there's a huge amount to worry about. HQ was obsessive about training local organisers and agents on spending. Not because they were virtuous, but because they knew that while every winning candidate would have their expenses gone over by their political rivals and local papers, Labour MPs would also have the right-wing national press auditing returns.
Tory MPs won't face this - the battlebus overspending was blantant, but was ignored.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Full thread on the election spending breakdowns starting below. Some of the Lib Dem ones in particular are...odd.

By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Catkins wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:18 pm
Having worked on a few Labour campaigns over the years, at local level I don't think there's a huge amount to worry about. HQ was obsessive about training local organisers and agents on spending. Not because they were virtuous, but because they knew that while every winning candidate would have their expenses gone over by their political rivals and local papers, Labour MPs would also have the right-wing national press auditing returns.
Tory MPs won't face this - the battlebus overspending was blantant, but was ignored.
Who knows if that has changed mind, most of those who would be really anal about it are now sidelined in places I have been involved in.
Catkins liked this
Labour, Generally.

It's a certainty that when the Corbyn/May deal i[…]

Claire Fox

Makes you wonder what Damascene revelation caused […]

The Brexit Party

He's had a huge amount of influence, though. He […]

Driver, 23, who spent £3,000 lowering his […]