Area for all other political discussion
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:You claimed I said it was fine for anyone left wing to engage in antisemitism, for example. I never said anything of the sort.
No you said we shouldn't discuss such things on here. Which in my book is turning a blind eye to the problem.
I can see, in a way, the point being made by this thread. There are people on the left who I find annoying, Polly Toynbee for one. They can have a tendency to become isolated in a kind of bubble and not live in the real world, so that they are unable to put themselves in the position of someone out here in shitland, trying to get by from one pay day to the next, hoping that nothing breaks or needs repairing, and just about getting by.

However, I do think that LJB allows his obvious dislike of anyone on the left of the Labour party to completely take over and allow it to detract from the more important job of attacking the Tories and the scumbag right wing media instead.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:You claimed I said it was fine for anyone left wing to engage in antisemitism, for example. I never said anything of the sort.
No you said we shouldn't discuss such things on here. Which in my book is turning a blind eye to the problem.

No. I said the complete opposite to you. I said do whatever you want and carry on.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
I'm going to ask Merk to break the forum again.
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Littlejohn's brain wrote:

No. I said the complete opposite to you. I said do whatever you want and carry on.
Good so you stop self-righteously moaning and acting like the self appointed gatekeeper of what should and shouldn't be posted on here.
I don't go around dictating to people what they can and can't post, I don't try and insinuate that people shouldn't be here because I don't like what the post.
By Coupled Moment
Membership Days
I don't want to backseat moderate or appear to be acting as some kind of "self appointed gatekeeper" but I can't see how this thread will do anything other than devolve into an argumentative shitshow. Unlike the Brexit thread there's isn't really any broad consensus on what constitutes a "fuckwit" in this case so it just seems like it will inevitably lead to long arguments when a member of the board shares an opinion with someone being called a fuckwit in this thread. Maybe LJB could confine his ranting at Twitter nonentities to Twitter and save us all a lot of unnecessary acrimony?

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Just a thought but, maybe the OP could engage on Twitter with those of the left with whom he disagrees and who could benefit hugely from his wisdom.

Then we could chop his thread.

The question remains as to whether he has the balls so do that. Perhaps we could find out.
If there's one thing this thread has taught me is I'll never get respect on this forum.
Momentum

Yay! Top Trumps!

The Mail's Front Page Headline

Ah, I dunno that it's even that limited. I've neve[…]

Would appreciate any Twitterers getting this out, […]

Nigel Farage

It's a hard time of year for anyone to find a spar[…]