•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
cycloon wrote:And LJB came to Arberth, a court of the great King, and there he spoke to another, Killer Whale, and he said 'Hail, you scumbag' and Killer Whale said 'come to me in a year with a host, and I shall bring my host, and the victor shall take the land of Ystrad Tywi for himself,' and he said this fore Ystrad Tywi was where he liked most to hunt, and LJB said 'yer'on' and they both went to their courts and their men and did as they do in those places for a year. Then one forgot about the appointment and the end.
If this is Game of Thrones, the "Tits oot" scene is long overdue.

By cycloon
Membership Days Posts
Sadly that's confined to 'and they spent the night together' in the translations I've read :(

Edit: Not, I hasten to add, LJB and KW...

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Killer Whale wrote:
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Killer Whale wrote:You know all that Tolkien stuff and the entire fantasy genre, from Dungeons and Dragons to Game of Thrones that descends from it? You owe Wales $500 Trillion in royalties. The invoice is in the post.
Really? From what I've read LOTR along with those other example seem to have borrowed from a number of sources such as Norse mythology.
A non-fuckwit would have realised that I was joking.

Yes, I called you a fuckwit.

Now go whining to the mods.
He's looking for his hat. Apparently the slipstream from the joke going over his head blew it into some bushes. You'd think he'd learn to nail it down by now.
mr angry manchester wrote:He's probably annoyed because Burton Albion lost to Man U last night.
No, I thought we were going to lose, was surprised at United's line up though.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Lord Adonis has a spring in his step over the renegotiation of East Coast Mainline. Why weren't Stagecoach held to their contract, he says?

This is the same Adonis who didn't hold National Express to their contract in 2009? In keeping with his more populist, less wonky image, he says he nationalized the service, which saved the taxpayer lots of money. If that's so (and he doesn't show his working), why hasn't he been calling for state owned bidders on every line? Is East Coast special because it was his baby?

We have to see the working for what the DfT have done with this Stagecoach renegotiation, but even with Grayling in the vicinity, I'm reasonably reassured that the same civil servants who drove such a hard bargain in the first place (plus the Treasury) will have likely negotiated this.

It's an incredible mess though. But all part of the policy he started whereby you get the franchises to big high, recover their expenses with fare rises, and save the taxpayer the cost of the subsidies they would have had to pay.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:43 pm
Lord Adonis has a spring in his step over the renegotiation of East Coast Mainline. Why weren't Stagecoach held to their contract, he says?

This is the same Adonis who didn't hold National Express to their contract in 2009? In keeping with his more populist, less wonky image, he says he nationalized the service, which saved the taxpayer lots of money. If that's so (and he doesn't show his working), why hasn't he been calling for state owned bidders on every line? Is East Coast special because it was his baby?

We have to see the working for what the DfT have done with this Stagecoach renegotiation, but even with Grayling in the vicinity, I'm reasonably reassured that the same civil servants who drove such a hard bargain in the first place (plus the Treasury) will have likely negotiated this.
Adonis's resignation letter was about Brexit and this was crowbarred in as on overture to Corbynites: Back Brexit and you're backing neoliberal loons like Grayling. Which is about right.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:54 pm
The Corbynites are terrifyingly ignorant and/or deceitful on rail, I'm afraid.
They don't give it much thought beyond re nationalise it. Older bro who works for Network Rail, points out the problem is down to failure to invest in infrastructure.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
To be fair, I wouldn't limit it to just rail. One thing I've noticed about a lot of Corbynites is that detail is not exactly their strong suit in a lot of areas.

By Boiler
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:25 am
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
They don't give it much thought beyond re nationalise it. Older bro who works for Network Rail, points out the problem is down to failure to invest in infrastructure.
Nail -> head. This is why the East Coast business has gone belly-up.

New avatar, LJB?

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
On the Corbynite left, all problems are solved by "accountability". If you want something to happen, provided leftwing politicians are in charge, then it happens. It just does.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:03 am
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:25 am
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Nail -> head. This is why the East Coast business has gone belly-up.

New avatar, LJB?
Same with Southern. Too intensive a service on that route. Can't recover from delays (most I'd guess caused by Network Rail) without going totally out of whack.

No opportunity cost in Corbyn left world. If asked whether something else might be a better priority than a Corbyn policy, the answer is "Higher education/ rail travel/ hospital parking is a public good." There are no other public goods, like spending more on early years education for the poor, you see.
UKIP

Apparently, the leadership of UKIP is an unpaid […]

Boris Johnson

According to the Independent, Theresa May has all […]

Jeremy Corbyn.

The Tories would do this regardless of Brexit, h[…]

Jan Moir

Westminster council say "no" - http://ww[…]