•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Posts
Celebrating Diana being dead for 20 years, it seems there is no shortage of outrage to be discovered if you look hard enough :

DI's CAR LEFT TO ROT

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4336506/d ... -in-paris/

A source said after The Sun found it abandoned amid other wrecks: “It really is not a fitting final place for the remains. Scotland Yard vowed to destroy them."

“There is no need for them to still exist. They lie abandoned and unwanted.

Princess Diana's family thought the car was destroyed ten years ago
“It is disrespectful to Diana’s memory to dump them in a shipping container and leave them to rot."

“Many people, especially Princes William and Harry, will be very upset to find out the French were given them back."
So, dumping a wrecked car in an old shipping container is disrespecting Diana.

The bastards.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Posts
You disrespectin' lovely Diana?
By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Posts
I'm not about to open any can of worms here. Suffice it to say I think sainthood was handed out pretty lightly, and there's a certain ease to looking virtuous when it presents no risk, cost or negative outcome to oneself.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Posts
Just as I thought. You bastard.

( ;-) )

By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
At the request of the long-suffering Royals, Scotland Yard announced they would destroy the Mercedes S-280 wreckage ten years ago
❄️ ❄️ ❄️ ❄️

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:I'm not about to open any can of worms here. Suffice it to say I think sainthood was handed out pretty lightly, and there's a certain ease to looking virtuous when it presents no risk, cost or negative outcome to oneself.

That's why royals are so popular; the bar is set so low. They've never had to carry out unpopular decisions like hiking interest rates, closing down day centres or raising taxes up. A bit like Dennis Skinner.

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:I'm not about to open any can of worms here. Suffice it to say I think sainthood was handed out pretty lightly, and there's a certain ease to looking virtuous when it presents no risk, cost or negative outcome to oneself.
See also Maddie. Dying during a slow news season guarantees wall to wall coverage. Just like going missing in a sunny holiday resort where plenty of hacks can pad their expense accounts.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
#PrincessDiana #DianaSpencer #Angel Killed By the Ruling #Elite for Exposing the Global #Conspiracy Worst thing to call somebody is crazy
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Posts
Occurs to me that her death happened at a time when 24 hour news was just becoming a thing, and this was the perfect way to inaugurate it. I may be mistaken but this was the first time I remember around the clock TV coverage of an event.

There were a couple of other interesting things about when it happened.

First, a universally popular government. The election had only been in May, and there hadn't yet been any sort of scandal or risk attached to the government. Nothing to report.

Second, it had been a very nice summer so far. No international incidents. No floods, no heatwaves. Just...pleasant.

Third, location. Paris. About as close as you could get to the UK while still keeping a whiff of foreign about it.

So, you had a news media crying out for something to fill time, and then something happened that they could easily go to town on. Perfect.

By Killer Whale
Membership Days Posts
But people were already going nuts before the media went into overload. I suppose it turned into a mad spiral with the public and the media both forcing each other into greater and greater hyperbole. I remember walking into work on the Monday and making a joke about how we now wouldn't have to shoot the pair of them when the revolution comes and being met with disbelieving stares from people I genuinely believed wouldn't be taken in by the hysteria. After that I kept my head down and satisfied my need for mischief-making by trolling nntp conspiracy theorist newsgroups.

By Boiler
youngian wrote:
#PrincessDiana #DianaSpencer #Angel Killed By the Ruling #Elite for Exposing the Global #Conspiracy Worst thing to call somebody is crazy
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If that poll lead is accurate it wouldn’t […]

SPOTY

Sports Personality of the Year An old and tired f[…]

Liz Jones

A calibrated (sic) attack on Jo Cox by a lady who […]

News you won't see on the BBC

Was chatting with an old friend today, and we wang[…]