•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
When asked about his support for LGBT issues:
It is not an accident, as you know, that I have in my coat of arms the rainbow symbol, the equality symbol, and the pink triangle. I’m a straight ally of the LGBT cause and I’m not embarrassed about that. The fact that it upset the Daily Mail is obviously an additional gain.
Nicely played, Mr Speaker, nicely played.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Bercow doing what May is either incapable or terrified of doing.
House of Commons Speaker John Bercow has launched an unprecedented attack on two national newspapers for their coverage of Tory rebels' votes on Brexit.

He said making violent threats against politicians was "a kind of fascism", resurrecting headlines critical of MPs to defend them.

Speaking after a debate on harassment in public life, Mr Bercow said: "You as MPs are never mutineers, you are never traitors, you are never malcontents, you are never enemies of the people.

"You are dedicated, hard-working, committed public-servants, doing what you believe to be right for this country.

"If there are people who cannot understand that basic concept of principled conduct, perhaps they need help to ensure that in future they do."

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Someone else today pointed out that a previous speaker had John Junor, then editor of the Daily Express, brought before the bar of the house for a serious reprimand over publishing very similar shite back in the 1960s, I think.

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:Someone else today pointed out that a previous speaker had John Junor, then editor of the Daily Express, brought before the bar of the house for a serious reprimand over publishing very similar shite back in the 1960s, I think.
If Bercow did that, and dragged Dacre in, I will be first to demand we raise a statue in his honour.

Widow caught drunk at the wheel asked to be s[…]

I think his point about it being dead cat politics[…]

UKIP

The pair insisted they were not "private ra[…]

Meanwhile in America

At CPAC: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/22/pol[…]