Area for all other political discussion
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Watchman wrote:Should it be treated the same as cigarettes and cancer?
If anyone from the medical profession even thought about suggesting the banning of cigarettes....imagine the Daily Mail lead chorus of "Fag-Nazi's.....Nanny state"
Australia has introduced a progressive ban, leading to totality by about 2040, Bhutan has banned tobacco products entirely as has Turkmenistan.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
I can see cigarettes and smoking ultimately dying out. When I was younger it was pretty much universal, Mum and Dad both smoked, in the office, everyone lit up at their desks and no one was all that bothered, although I never started (tried one, once at 14, didn't like it)

Now, it has become marginalised, cigs are kept behind the counter in concealed cabinets, advertising of them has been banned for years now, and fewer people seem to be smoking

By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Drug dealers hand out business cards with free samples and lighters to students during freshers week

Comments (moderated) aren't going Dacre’s way.
Lana Paradis, London, United Kingdom, about an hour ago
Who could possibly have imagined this sort of thing went on at University? I am outraged.
SlippingWithGerrard3, Old Trafford, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
You can't knock their entrepreneurial skills..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-stu.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Cigarette smoking is the one drug where there is a big reduction in consumption despite nicotine's highly addictive nature and being legal. The law plays a useful growing role with smoking bans and restricted sales & marketing for eg but its public health led strategy with the private sector providing safer alternatives for addicts such as Nicorette.
Shona Sibary

It seems a rare instance of the comments being m[…]

Nigel Farage

Yep. Skint with a £4 million property in Che[…]

Samantha Bee

Re: Oh shit, Brexit: I liked the way the Americans[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

True. There are always so many candidates...