•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Thing is, we may not like Putin but he's going nowhere. And Russia is big. We have to deal with it (And that's deal with in the international diplomacy sense, not the Joe Pesci sense). It's not a game of goodies and baddies. You'd have thought we'd have learned that lesson over Syria and Libya.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:36 pm
Thing is, we may not like Putin but he's going nowhere. And Russia is big. We have to deal with it (And that's deal with in the international diplomacy sense, not the Joe Pesci sense). It's not a game of goodies and baddies. You'd have thought we'd have learned that lesson over Syria and Libya.
By lesson from Syria you mean doing fuck all while Assad bombs the shit out of them?

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:27 am
That's my understanding. And what's this crap about 'military grade'?! Is there any other?
I would have said it was more of a terrorist weapon. What place does something that has to be absorbed through the skin have to do with modern warfare?

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
I guess being absorbed through the the skin makes it more targeted, but don't ask me to explain how it was actually applied. Also could explain why there wasn't widespread poisoning. Must admit just making assumptions here......best leave it to the experts

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Stuff that goes through membranes can enter the body through various routes.

Some - wet surfaces, like lungs and ear/nose/throat provide pretty fast absorbtion and transfer to the bloodstream.
Skin is a lot slower, with less of the dose making it to the bloodstream.

Compare the relative addictivity of smoking crack rocks with snorting the marching powder.
Or smoking fags compared to wearing a nicotine patch.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Clearly this proves the attack was faked by the establishment to distract from Brexit/undermine Corbyn/distract from austerity/stage World War III

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43652574

I'd like to expose some of the Russia apologists to nerve agents.
By Andy McDandy
No, but it does suggest that journalists tend to stress the worst case scenario.

If she's recovering, good for her. I'd not wish what she's gone through on anyone. By which I mean the possibility of a slow painful death just because of who your dad was, and you were in his company. However her recovery does undermine the media picture of any chemical attack as akin to something out of The Rock.

I understand why western frustration with Russia is so high. I also understand to a degree the Russian mindset about it all. That isn't doublethink, it's just taking a step back and trying to take it all in.
Cyclist liked this

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:05 pm
No, but it does suggest that journalists tend to stress the worst case scenario.

If she's recovering, good for her. I'd not wish what she's gone through on anyone. By which I mean the possibility of a slow painful death just because of who your dad was, and you were in his company. However her recovery does undermine the media picture of any chemical attack as akin to something out of The Rock.

I understand why western frustration with Russia is so high. I also understand to a degree the Russian mindset about it all. That isn't doublethink, it's just taking a step back and trying to take it all in.
Hasn't stopped various twitter twats claiming that this proves it was a false flag.

By Catkins
Membership Days Posts
Zheleznyakov, the scientist who accidentally poisoned himself with Novichok in the 90s lived for a few years afterwards (albeit as pretty much a vegetable). So it's known to be survivable if the dose isn't too large.

Another thing to consider is that the Skirpals received almost immediate medical treatment, with their doctors having access to some of the best research in the world.

In 2006 I was potentially exposed to rabies, and experienced what happens when one is the potential source of a public health emergency! Once the Health Protection Agency was alerted the treatment was couriered by emergency motorbike and started within 2.5 hours. It was incredibly well organised. A couple of weeks later the Litvinenko poisoning happened and I went from being previously unaware of the HPA, to seeing it in the news every day as it supervised his treatment and monitored me to make sure I didn't go all '28 days later'. (I didn't, but was known for years as 'rabies woman' at my GP surgery). They'll be doing the same with the Skirpals.

The HPA has worldwide networks across health, defence, and academia and they are prepped for a situation like this.

By MisterMuncher
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:07 pm
Andy McDandy wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Hasn't stopped various twitter twats claiming that this proves it was a false flag.
Anything proves it's a false flag. This is the nature of conspiracy theory. Start with a conclusion, all evidence towards it is proof, all evidence contrary is merely proof of dark forces keeping it quiet.
Labour, Generally.

It's a certainty that when the Corbyn/May deal i[…]

Claire Fox

Makes you wonder what Damascene revelation caused […]

The Brexit Party

He's had a huge amount of influence, though. He […]

Driver, 23, who spent £3,000 lowering his […]