•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
No change to the (shit) service provided. :|
Today’s announcement about the financial situation of Carillion has no direct impact on services provided directly to those working for Defence, their families and the continuing work of the department.
Housing will continue to be serviced, catering facilities run, and buildings and offices cleaned, as well as other services the company is involved in providing.

There are extensive contingency plans for dealing with issues such as this to make sure that services to personnel and their families continue to be provided to a high standard. This remains a top priority for the department.

The facilities management contracts that provide catering, cleaning and maintenance services to Defence are all joint ventures involving partners in addition to Carillion. Contractually, these partners are required to continue to deliver services if one of the other partners fails. The department remains committed to these joint ventures, and has been working with relevant partners to ensure a smooth continuation of the provision of these services.

The MOD is confident in the robustness of these arrangements and the strength of the supporting suppliers.

Where Carillion is the sole provider of services, for example for construction projects, alternative arrangements are being put into place that will not affect Service personnel.

All Service personnel should continue to use pre-existing processes to report problems, including the use of the 24/7 helpdesk telephone numbers.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
I caught the minister's statement in the house on the way home.
Perhaps May's government has lowered my expectations for any sort of competence.

It sounded as through they've actualy done a fairly competent job on this one.
Official receiver involved (Maybe an expert can tell me this isn't PWC dressed up in government issue Hi-viz)
Public sector staff to continue working with pay guaranteed.
Recent contracts set up on shared basis, with partners duty bound to step in should one crash.
No bail-out using taxpayer money - investors to take the main hit.

I know the devil's in the detail, but credit where it's due, it sounded like a competent job.

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
In my previous job, we sub-contracted for them (doing the drainage design) on a school new build. They were absolutely shocking at paying their bills. I mean over a year and an undefended CCJ later. Even then, they only paid the invoice face value and refused to pay the court costs or debt collection fees. I'm very sorry for the people who've lost their jobs but Carillion were a bulging cyst on the British construction industry. Given that their workload all still needs doing, hopefully all those affected can be put back to work for better-run companies in short order.
spoonman liked this
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Grand theft. I think end game is approaching for this Thatcher/Friedman model of neo liberalism and the cunts are just trying to loot what they can before it all goes tits up

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
mr angry manchester wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:23 pm
Grand theft. I think end game is approaching for this Thatcher/Friedman model of neo liberalism and the cunts are just trying to loot what they can before it all goes tits up
It's always been about looting.
Where did all the council houses go - let's blame the darkies.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Timbo wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:50 pm
In my previous job, we sub-contracted for them (doing the drainage design) on a school new build. They were absolutely shocking at paying their bills. I mean over a year and an undefended CCJ later. Even then, they only paid the invoice face value and refused to pay the court costs or debt collection fees. I'm very sorry for the people who've lost their jobs but Carillion were a bulging cyst on the British construction industry. Given that their workload all still needs doing, hopefully all those affected can be put back to work for better-run companies in short order.
Now they are insolvent, why not put in a claim for the court costs and debt fees if it costs nothing. You never know.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
What I seem to notice, whenever there is a major social/economic event like this, gobshite rent-a-quotes like Farage just disappear. I thought he was man of the people, standing up for the little guy, our greatest politician since Maggie etc etc...................Just proves once and for all he has no intelligent contribution to make, just imagine if he really was PM and having to deal with this shitstorm.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Watchman wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:33 pm
What I seem to notice, whenever there is a major social/economic event like this, gobshite rent-a-quotes like Farage just disappear. I thought he was man of the people, standing up for the little guy,
The recent McDonalds strike for a living wage by mainly white British workers is just the sort cause you'd expect Farage to get behind as wage depression is a subject he constantly talks about. But said nothing strangely.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Believe it or not, the centrepeice of our local tourist attractions is a working carillon located in the town park.
I don't know what will happen first; either some local half-wit thinks it's going to be closed and sold off, or, I actually start the rumour by writing to the local (right leaning) paper

By Boiler
Watchman wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:33 pm
What I seem to notice, whenever there is a major social/economic event like this, gobshite rent-a-quotes like Farage just disappear. I thought he was man of the people, standing up for the little guy, our greatest politician since Maggie etc etc...................Just proves once and for all he has no intelligent contribution to make, just imagine if he really was PM and having to deal with this shitstorm.
Probably because there are people in the City who were betting on Carillion's collapse and have made a fuckload of money on it.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

They can't even smash windows without being caught[…]

Mark Francois MP

'Don't condescend to me or to us': US Speaker Na[…]

That's the God-Emperor of Mankind, and I claim my […]

UKIP

Now that is satire