•  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:19 pm
I wonder if they were behind this one:

No that's Saatchi - same winding Queues off of "Labour isn't working".

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:10 pm
Absolutely fucking absurd that this hasn't been done yet.

Cambridge Analytica: search of London HQ delayed by wait for warrant
https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ssion=true

If I was into conspiracy theories... :shock:
The fact that this has been telegraphed days in advance has echoes of Robert Peston's "early access" reports on operation Weeting's developments.

By Boiler
Facebook, CA and 'Big Data' in general was discussed on The Moral Maze tonight.

The irony of posting what I am about to say on an Internet forum is not lost on me, but I am wondering if the time has come for me to set a "Digital Retirement Date" - a day where I cancel my broadband and effectively reject the digital world, returning to writing letters, telephoning orders for components and getting paper bank statements.

It would make life a lot simpler.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:10 pm
Facebook, CA and 'Big Data' in general was discussed on The Moral Maze tonight.

The irony of posting what I am about to say on an Internet forum is not lost on me, but I am wondering if the time has come for me to set a "Digital Retirement Date" - a day where I cancel my broadband and effectively reject the digital world, returning to writing letters, telephoning orders for components and getting paper bank statements.

There's a vast difference between social media and interacting with like-minded people on an Internet forum. I have a Facebook account used only for posting messages and which has the absolute minimum about me. I'd hate to return to the days when I relied on what the mainstream media bothered to report. About space related matters for one.
I'll give you my tablet when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:Facebook, CA and 'Big Data' in general was discussed on The Moral Maze tonight.

it wouldn't. In a couple of weeks I'll be going to see my mum. One of the things we'll be doing is getting her a smartphone. At nearly 79 she's had to give in and join the digital world. She's not interested in soshul meeja, internet fora or internet surfing, it's just that so much of the stuffs she used to telephone or go in person about now MUST be done on-line. She's forking out money for something she doesn't want simply to make Drs appointments and have comms with the hospital, contact the council, etc.

Wakefield Metropolitan District Council, Puinderfields General Hospital (Wakefield), Pontefract Hospital - not everyone is on-line, nor do some people want to be. Stop axing your telephone services and reception staff. :x
Jeremy Corbyn.

This is quite interesting. It is one of the more c[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

Northern Irish local newspapers are generally quit[…]

If.

The Northern Irish thread

https://twitter.com/wee_baldy_ian/status/116487823[…]