•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
My local GP Practice encourages you to book appointments online. But for my GP it ALWAYS says "no appointments available". I can only get one if I phone up - but still have to wait 3-4 weeks for one.

The idea is still attractive...
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:50 am
Boiler wrote:Facebook, CA and 'Big Data' in general was discussed on The Moral Maze tonight.

The irony of posting what I am about to say on an Internet forum is not lost on me, but I am wondering if the time has come for me to set a "Digital Retirement Date" - a day where I cancel my broadband and effectively reject the digital world, returning to writing letters, telephoning orders for components and getting paper bank statements.

It would make life a lot simpler.
it wouldn't. In a couple of weeks I'll be going to see my mum. One of the things we'll be doing is getting her a smartphone. At nearly 79 she's had to give in and join the digital world. She's not interested in soshul meeja, internet fora or internet surfing, it's just that so much of the stuffs she used to telephone or go in person about now MUST be done on-line. She's forking out money for something she doesn't want simply to make Drs appointments and have comms with the hospital, contact the council, etc.

Wakefield Metropolitan District Council, Puinderfields General Hospital (Wakefield), Pontefract Hospital - not everyone is on-line, nor do some people want to be. Stop axing your telephone services and reception staff. :x
I've been doing a lot of work around reasonable adjustments as part of Autism Awareness Week at work. I'd imagine that if everything is via electronic forms you would be on a sticky wicket when it comes to the visually impaired or those with a condition such as dyslexia. Even those on the autistic spectrum struggle with questions which, when taken absolutely literally, make no sense but could probably be answered with the help of a human being on the other end of a phone line.
spoonman liked this

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
When even the Ma*l smells a big, Nazi-emulating rat...

Leave campaign `deliberately stoked outrage´ in Brexit campaign

By Press Association

Published: 18:25, 16 April 2018 | Updated: 20:56, 16 April 2018

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/art ... paign.html
Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.
The Northern Irish thread

Ooof. That's pretty big.

Meanwhile in America

About bloody time this law was challenged properly[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

I grew up pretty close to Moygashel myself. As a l[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm sure the less well of Brexiters of Great Yarmo[…]