•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
But it's not just accept our food standards - to be honest a bit of a smokescreen- , it's give our insurance companies access to healthcare, it's you must remove all your consumer and environmental controls, it prevents UK from taking legal action against US companies but not the return position

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:13 pm
It isn't really about the chlorine, though - remember that it's also there to wash off the chicken shit, though but. It's also about permitted levels of antibiotics, growth hormones etc. and husbandry practices.

And do we, at this point in time, want cheaper food or better food?
I fear that we live in a country where cheaper will always win out. You can't have the latest iphone AND decent food.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
USA is the bigger trading nation and will expect deals to open markets to their sellers.

I look at average American body build and am concerned at the correlation between new convenient ingredients and rising obesity rates.

I'd also hate it of my Freddos started tasting like Hershey's bars.

I don't think this s a one sided issue, I'm probably feeling exactly the same way as a German looking at the cheaper varieties of British or Irish bangers.

By Daley Mayle
If we import USA meat products into the UK it will:

1. Ruin UK (and RoI) farmers
2. Increase the problems exporting meat products into the EU

But chicken will be 20% cheaper. That is until UK poultry farmers have moved from producing chicken for the UK market and either go bust or grow caravan sites instead. The US will then increase their prices. Market forces, see?

By Malcolm Armsteen
Now, is that analysis too complex for Brer Fox, or does he have another agenda?

What does the team think?

By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:13 pm
I look at average American body build and am concerned at the correlation between new convenient ingredients and rising obesity rates.
I understand some colonial said "average consumption of chicken in the UK is 69lbs per head per annum; in the US it's 114lbs per annum, so we must be doing something right."

How the blithering fuck did he work that out?!

And Cadbury's chocolate has definitely changed its taste since Mondelez took them over. They keep filling bars with American biscuits for starters.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:04 pm

Take the avian tonnage and divide it by the population, at a guess.

Questions begin to come in when we think about cooked and uncooked weights, and whether this includes crack-laced coatings and myriad secret recipes.

(I feel a period of veganism coming on.)

By MisterMuncher
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:38 pm
Now, is that analysis too complex for Brer Fox, or does he have another agenda?

What does the team think?
I think, much like "the great British fishing industry", Farmers represented an untapped anti-EU vote who could be fed any old shit until they voted out. The next day, they were a chocolate fireguard, and the Tories gave not one fuck. All this fussing about the lives and livelihoods of the lower orders is frankly distracting from the real business of no-deal short selling and getting the country to bend over for whatever corporate cock is coming.

I might be wrong. I doubt it.

By Boiler
Kreuzberger wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:12 pm
Boiler wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:04 pm

Take the avian tonnage and divide it by the population, at a guess.

Questions begin to come in when we think about cooked and uncooked weights, and whether this includes crack-laced coatings and myriad secret recipes.

(I feel a period of veganism coming on.)
I was more thinking "how did he come to the conclusion that eating 45lbs more chicken per head was a good thing?"

By MisterMuncher
The average American is getting through 2+ decent sized chickens a week, probably a bit more when you take vegans and veggies into account? That's fucking mental. Who likes chicken that much? I only have it on menus for the same reason I have a bottle of Bacardi in the house: No one with any sense would want it, especially given any other option, but there's always some eejit who'll have nothing else.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Ask African American people, especially in the south but by no means limited to there. Fried chick'n is a staple, a cultural norm, and it is as good a reason as any to avoid the exorbitant costs of health insurance.

Still, the good people of Stoke knew what they were voting for.
By satnav
My wife works as an auditor in the food industry inspecting factories and slaughterhouses to ensure they are complying with existing food standards. Over the last couple of years she has been asked to go and audit another of sites in America because British supermarkets clearly don't trust auditors in America to inspect factories to British standards.

A lot of food factories in this country currently import produce from the EU process it and then export in back to the EU. There is a factory in Newark that imports millions of eggs each year from the EU it then breaks the eggs and turns them into the eggs that Macdonald's use in their breakfast meals. The product has to have a quick turn around because many of the processed eggs end up in restaurants through out Europe. If the plant suddenly started using non-EU eggs the whole process could suddenly become a lot slower.

Similarly if British companies started making chicken nuggets made from American chicken they would probably find it very difficult to sell them into EU countries.
Timbo liked this

By Biggus Robbus
I think high fructose corn syrup would be a bigger issue. They use that in place of sugar in many sweet products here, especially soft drinks, and while it lowers the price it also lowers the standard of sweet junk food.

Meh you already call Marathons Snickers. Give in and be the 51st state.....
Aaron Bastani

Get some of the "Signed by The Author" s[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Just picked at random from a BBC SYB: Screenshot[…]

Surely not? Is this "Fake Noos"? https:[…]

David Cameron

Whilst the original Guardian editorial was rather […]