Area for all other political discussion
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Social justice warriors would say if you are a white cis male, then even if you are liberal or left, you cannot speak for other groups.

So those of us here who speak for groups like women, LGBT and other races cannot do so. More of an American thing I guess.

By lord_kobel
Membership Days Posts
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:52 pm
Then some very poor social justice warrior feminists appeared and basically took the approach that they did not want equality; instead they wanted to invert a double standard.
Again, no, you're wrong.
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:52 pm
Social justice warriors would say if you are a white cis male, then even if you are liberal or left, you cannot speak for other groups.
No shit. If you're not part of the group, you don't get to say what the group wants. How is that controversial?

Bill Maher is an islamophobic shit stain. If you've been listening to him, it's no wonder you're so confused.

Also, we've gone massively off topic. If you want to carry talking about GG neckbeards, start a new topic or I think there might be an old one around somewhere, and I'll move all of these posts over.

By Biggus Robbus
MisterMuncher wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:39 pm
No specific people, then?

Bill Maher is completely full of shit, btw. I'll take no lectures from a man who doesn't believe germ theory.
So he is bad at one theory while not bad at another theory.

If you do not subscribe to the theory that white cis males cannot defend other groups' rights then so be it.

Whether or not SJWs exist is beside the point.

By lord_kobel
Membership Days Posts
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:07 pm
lord_kobel wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:52 pm
Bill Maher is an islamophobic shit stain.
If your only defence is a youtube vid, you've already lost.

Also: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... en-affleck
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -insidious

By Oblomov
I'm not delving into that particular argument but based on his comments about Stan Lee's passing last November, Maher's plainly an anachronistic TV talking head with no real ideological commitment, just a grab bag of pseudo-intellectual rationalisations to retain the persona of a smug, irresponsible, horndog high schooler (who is actually well into his 60s).

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I like Maher's show as he has a high calibre of pundits that have walked the walk. I think this is due to the president appointing his own quasi-civil servants. You leave with your POTUS and find yourself going into academia or journalism with a book deal and punditry spots. He had that wankstain Steve Hilton on one week and was so hopelessly out of his depth it was embarrassing to watch. But just spurting bullshit he'd get away with on Newsnight. The stuff Bill Maher does that's good is done better by John Oliver.
Labour, Generally.

Ian Lavery was on TV this evening doing his Plain-[…]

Labour Policies 2019/20

A thread to discuss the several policies which wil[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Well, I suggested taking the batteries out and l[…]

The Today Programme

He already has a Mail column, doesn't he?