•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Pre NEC fudge: Labour
Post NEC fudge: Lord only knows, but almost certainly not Labour. Until they remove their thumb from their arse re the confirmatory referendum, they won’t get my vote beyond a GE.

Change UK are a wet lettuce. I vowed in 2010 to never vote Lib Dem ever again. So that leaves............the Greens, I suppose?

Christ, what a choice :?
youngian, WTF?, randomelement and 1 others liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I haven't forgotten Vince Cable briefly capitulating on free movement and if any politician should be rewarded in these elections its Caroline Lucas. The problem is these aren't STV elections like Ireland so tactical thinking is still required. Do I want to vote Green and contribute to some another Farage cunt being elected when an LD could have clinched a seat if we all piled in.

I can only guess turnout but angry Brexiters boycotting the elections in protest would be most welcome. The biggest problem is that Remain doesn't have a face with the household reach and gift of the gab like Farage. Lucas is probably the nearest.

By Boiler
youngian wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:42 pm
I can only guess turnout but angry Brexiters boycotting the elections in protest would be most welcome. The biggest problem is that Remain doesn't have a face with the household reach and gift of the gab like Farage. Lucas is probably the nearest.
I can guarantee that The Brexit Party will have the biggest vote. Just you watch.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:49 pm
youngian wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 4:42 pm
I can guarantee that The Brexit Party will have the biggest vote. Just you watch.
The remain movement is also balkanised.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts

The remain movement is also balkanised.

I anticipate BP coming first partly due to the Balkanisation but its the overall vote for Remain parties that's important. The biggest problem is that most Remainers will still vote Labour as voters don't follow politics too closely. Casual voters on both sides still associate beardy lefty Corbyn as a Remainer but it will be taken by Corbyn, Farage and the Tories as a vote for Leave.

By bluebellnutter
Lib Dems for me. Don't give a shit about what they did a decade ago. It's the now that's important.
youngian, Cyclist, oboogie and 1 others liked this

By Arrowhead
Boiler wrote:
I think that is a given now, to be honest. In fact, more than that, I can see Farage eventually pulling way ahead of whoever comes second (presumably Labour). Something like Brexit Party 36%, Labour 21% followed by the potpourri of Remain parties, with the Tories unhappily sandwiched somewhere among them.

Unfortunately, the Farage genie is well & truly out of the bottle now. Which means another wave of bug-eyed headbangers representing the UK in the European parliament. It's true that Labour are probably still (just about) the only ones who could prevent this from happening, but they have well & truly cooked their own goose with the recent NEC shenanigans.

And besides, even if Labour did somehow end up finishing on top, I don't think I could stomach the sight of Barry bloody Gardiner crowing on TV the following morning about how the result "fully endorses Labour's approach to Brexit", or some such nonsense.
Projective Unity liked this

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Arrowhead wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:47 pm
Boiler wrote:
I think that is a given now, to be honest. In fact, more than that, I can see Farage eventually pulling way ahead of whoever comes second (presumably Labour). Something like Brexit Party 36%, Labour 21% followed by the potpourri of Remain parties, with the Tories unhappily sandwiched somewhere among them.

Unfortunately, the Farage genie is well & truly out of the bottle now. Which means another wave of bug-eyed headbangers representing the UK in the European parliament. It's true that Labour are probably still (just about) the only ones who could prevent this from happening, but they have well & truly cooked their own goose with the recent NEC shenanigans.

And besides, even if Labour did somehow end up finishing on top, I don't think I could stomach the sight of Barry bloody Gardiner crowing on TV the following morning about how the result "fully endorses Labour's approach to Brexit", or some such nonsense.
Christ how has it come to this?

By Arrowhead
Bones McCoy wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:17 pm
I'm fortunate enough to have an option of the SNP.
Unequivocally pro remain.

Not sure I'd follow this with a general election vote.
Indeed, the SNP have revelled in their slightly unexpected role as the main sensibleheads in parliament when it comes to Brexit. Although looking on with a wry grin as everybody else looses their marbles is not a particularly difficult job to do in 2019.

Like Caroline Lucas, Sturgeon has had a good Brexit calling out Tory/Labour BS.
oboogie, Samanfur liked this

Have you seen theold-age insurance ad, set in Yo[…]

Jeremy Corbyn faced a fresh crisis last night afte[…]

Boris Johnson

How can Patel be brought back after the last time?[…]

Labour, Generally.

I don't quite get the problem with that cartoon,[…]