•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:25 pm
Get Brexit done so we can move on, says Dan. Yeah, that's how it'll work.
He's got effectively one of the safest MEP seats in Britain thanks to being the number one list candidate for the Tories in arguably the most Conservative friendly election region which also has the highest amount of seats available compared to other regions. He can spout pretty much any bollix he wants and he'll still get in.

Would be interesting if the MEP seats in England were determined by STV, would likely still get elected especially if SE England remained a 10 seater which would set the quota quite low but it would actually show up what kind of a personal mandate he'd actually have away from the comfort blanket that is a closed party list.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Looks as thorugh the nationwide lineup is

1. BRX
2. LBD
3. GRN
4. LAN
5. CON

Seems about deadlocked between Leave and Remain aligned parties.

Meanwhile our continental siblings have swung to Green and the Fascists are winning little beyond a sore pair of bollocks.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Europe has fallen to the far-right.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... oss-europe
Green parties have swept to their strongest ever showing in European elections, boosting their tally of MEPs to a projected 71 compared with 52 last time. The result gives them every chance of becoming kingmakers in a newly fragmented parliament.

“Thank you so much for your trust in us Greens,” a delighted Ska Keller, one of the European Greens’ two lead candidates for the post of European commission president, told a press conference in Brussels.

“This is a mandate for real change: for climate protection, a social Europe, more democracy and stronger rule of law.” Above all, Keller said, the Greens “want to achieve climate action now – because if we wait any longer, it will be a disaster”.

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Anti-Brexit parties - those in favour of another referendum - collectively took about 40% of the vote, compared with 35% for the two parties in favour of leaving the EU without a deal.
If Labour became pro-Remain there is no doubt at all in the result of a 2nd Referendum.

Farage wants a GE. Hang on, Nige, didn't the public vote two years ago on that?? If the "will of the people" has has to be obeyed from a vote 3 years ago....... So you accept people CAN change their minds?

It's like pissing against the wind. *Deep sigh*

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48417228

By Arrowhead
WTF? wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:11 am
Can anybody tell me what's happening here? Did we win? Did we lose? A brief summery would be much appreciated.
I can't speak for others on here, but from my perspective last night's results achieved exactly what I wanted i.e. a sharp kick to the nethers for Labour.

It's entirely up to Labour now as to how they respond to this.
By WTF?
Membership Days
spoonman wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:42 pm
... unfortunately I'm unable to post on my Facebook page that I would give £100 to the first person who "milkshakes" any DUP MP.
I've kicked a coupleofweegiecuntsinthebawsovertheyearsifthatsanyusetoyou, you know what I mean, Erin go bragh!

You stick that £100 on your tail. I might turn up on your doorstep some of these days looking for a bed.

By Arrowhead
WTF? wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:35 am
Arrowhead wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 7:21 am

... i.e. a sharp kick to the nethers for Labour....
That's pretty much how I see it. Is that the general consensus down south, yes?
It’s the general consensus pretty much anywhere, tbh.

And right on cue, McDonnell has just expressed his support for a confirmatory vote. Lazy night is already having the desired effect, it seems 8)
WTF? liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Not a good 70th birthday party for Jezza: Second place in London, third in Wales with PC overtaking them in the first election ever, single figures in Scotland and a total UK share of the vote 15% must be the direst result Labour have ever delivered.

Couldn't even beat the Brexit Party in Cambridge
Labour, Generally.

Fuck me - the state of this. Corbyn has betrayed C[…]

Mark Francois MP

I have now.... :(

Whilst on the subject of "woke", I've ju[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Normally I don't respond to the Demon Headmaster[…]